More Formations?

More Formations?

Postby coachcbjii » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:19 pm

I know I have asked about this in the past with the 18 pro version and with past college versions. But I really feel like this is the only thing holding this game back.
Will we ever see a patch were we would have a lot more formations? If you look at the competition Madden ( I know different genre), FOF, MyFootballNow, and other all have more formations than this game. It is so hard to play "real" football with just 5 formations available. It just makes no sense to me.

I have no problem going in and making my own plays to add to the game. I am okay with putting in the work for that. But I don't want to or think we should have to use a coding "work around" to get more formations in the game. I don't want to see a weird pre-snap animation to set up formations.

The key to football is all about strategy on how you use your players to setup mismatches with formations and plays. And in that area this game is just so limited.
I would not even mind access to create more formations on my own, that truly work. Even if it was just more personnel groups 10 personnel (1RB, 0TE), 11 personnel, 12, 13, 20, 21, 22, 23, 00, 01, 02, 03. See right there you created 12 personnel groups. Now add the ability to put some of those in Trips or Wings and you can have about 24+ formations. That would change everything with this game and take gameplanning, playbooks, etc to a whole other level.

Heck, I have been a football coach at almost every level for over 20 years and a computer geek. I am willing to VOLUNTEER my time behind the scenes to help add more formations (or personnel groups) and plays to this game. It would really send this game over the top in my opinion and put it way out in front of the competition. I feel it is the only area this game is limited.

Just my 2 secs (more like 50 cents, lol).
coachcbjii

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion