What is going on with this game?

What is going on with this game?

Postby paulmm1982 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:13 am

So I just bought the game 3 days ago and so far this game has left me wanting to go back to Pro Football 2018, there were some issues with it, but it was way more serviceable than this.

First let me say when I run a league by myself I set it up like this (I had no issues with it in 2018, but maybe how I am doing things is causing some of the issues):

I start in sandbox mode and start the game with 12 teams 1950 NFL style starting in the year 1920 and sim 40 seasons with all teams computer controlled, I then expand the league to 1960 AFL/NFL, and take control of one of the "AFL" teams, and change the game to career mode, and then progress the evolution and expansion of the league from there until its at 32 teams like the modern NFL, so its like a alternate reality NFL with teams mostly corresponding to the NFL and the team names often similarly themed...

One problems that I thought would be fixed/changed:
Coaches never retire, and you never run out of money to pay them. I really thought that there would be more depth added to the coaching and hiring and firing of them, and adding the coaches stats was a nice touch, but, as I said coaches never retire. In PF 2018, I had a league I ran this way up to 2050, there were coaches who were over 150 years old, one or two over 200 I think, and on top of that the computer NEVER fired or changed coaches. I haven't gone so far in 2019 yet, but I have already seen a couple of coaches over 100 years old and again, the computer never changes coaches.

Where 2019 reaches and falls so far:
Contracts, how do they work? So the contract extension negotiation, nice idea if it worked! But, when I offer a contract, I NEVER get a reply, I have played several seasons and not once have I gotten any reply to any contract offers, and when I click on player wishes, nothing happens, I don't see anything. Now the way it worked in 2018 was pretty cut and dry, but at least it worked.
Next UI display errors, several things are not displayed correctly, first of all when you click on contracts in the Team Menu, it displays the contracts and their lengths in a spreadsheet, so you see what each player is getting paid year by year, except that it is incorrect. It shows what the player is getting paid, from the FIRST year of the contract to his last, NOT the current. So if the player was signed in 2015 to 5 year contract, in 2019 it will display what he was paid in 2015, and then in under 2020 it will display what he will was paid in 2016, and in 2021 it will display what he will have been paid in 2017, even though the player's contract is up by then, etc, etc. This actually took me a couple seasons to realize and was extremely confusing when I was wondering why I was losing so many players I thought where under contract, when they actually weren't. This screen worked perfectly fine in all past iterations of the game, so its pretty disheartening to see it happening all of a sudden. Then there is the pass defense stats on the defensive players' cards, it now displays Passes Defended, Targets, and Catches Allowed, witch again is actually really nice, except that it displays the targets in the Passes Defended column, Catches Allowed in the Targets column, and the Passes Defended in the Catches Allowed column, but it doesn't compile the career totals for Catches Allowed or Targets, but it does for Passes Defended, albeit now in the correct column.
Next is the packages, which is actually the brightest spot for 2019, but its glitchy and its unusable for playing the game, though it will work fine when simulating them. The issue comes in on the save file, when you click on the drop down menu after you have saved your packages, all the file names are the same, there is no differentiation. And in order to get to my D34 defensive package, I have to click on the fourth file name, then the first, then the second. If I just go the second it will bring up a generic package I did not make. When trying to call plays in the game there is no real way to know you have picked the right or wrong package.

So what is up with all of this? For $35 I really expect higher quality and at least an improvement from last years game, so far this has been a big step back as the game is really unplayable.
paulmm1982

Re: What is going on with this game?

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:08 pm

I thought some of these items were addressed in the most recent patch. But regardless we need to take another look and see if we can clean up some items.
brooks_piggott

Postby TalonHIFL » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:35 am

I still have the issue where all packages in the drop down menu read " DDSF.Libraries.package" even though when editing that particular package it still has the new name I've given that package.

This is a sandbox league I run with 24 teams (having converted it from the pre DDF sim to PF16, to 18, and now 19)
TalonHIFL

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:46 am

Can you hop on the slack channel and share your league .bin file with us? We've looked at this issue a few times and couldn't reproduce it.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion