Does anyone here know how to convert from CSV to JSON

Does anyone here know how to convert from CSV to JSON

Postby seanstephans » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:39 am

I have been trying to modify Tigerman's player file to update the contracts and the drafted year information for all players. Having said that, I don't know how to get the information back into JSON format (there are, apparently, several versions of this). I am not a JAVA Script writer, so this is something I would have to learn. I'd rather have someone guide me to where I need to get the specific information instead of the general "search the internet" or "go to this website and read this."

The bottom line is that I am trying to test my work and will not be able to do so if I can't get the files back into JSON format. I have tried to contact Tigerman but have had no luck.
seanstephans

Re: Does anyone here know how to convert from CSV to JSON

Postby gbmoore » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:36 am

gbmoore

Postby Tigerman » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:42 am

You never told me anything about converting the file Sean.
Tigerman

Postby seanstephans » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:23 pm

Tigerman wrote:You never told me anything about converting the file Sean.

I sent you a PM on Jan 23rd. It's all good. I've found a way to work it.

Basically, I took your file as a base layer, then found all the Madden 19 launch date player ratings in spreadsheet format and took only those attributes that had a direct transfer to DDSPF. I am unable to include draft information because the original file you created was prospect-based. If I wanted to do a new file with all new players, I could change draft info, but that would take even longer...so, I am scrapping the draft info. But, I am inputting all current salary information from Spotrac.com, using their 2018 salary year forward, dividing the total cap hit by years to get a "yearly" salary.

It will take me 3 - 4 weeks to get all of this done because I'm doing it all in CSV and then writing it to JSON (again, using yours as a base layer) and then checking the line-by-line of the JSON for the one item I have to do by hand since I'm updating all attributes. It will still be worth it.

Let me know what you think...
seanstephans

Postby seanstephans » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:26 pm

Thanks!

It ended up not working for me. But I found one online that does...only that I have to go through the code line-by-line to make a simple edit to each line for it to be read properly by the program. Still, I appreciate the help!
seanstephans

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion