Rating System

Rating System

Postby Tigerman » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:51 am

Can you guys adjust the rating system to make it somewhat more parallel to the Madden system they use? I'm sick of having a 90 OVR and 85 OVR backup.
Tigerman

Re: Rating System

Postby AKH » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:08 pm

if this is a purely cosmetic issue. Switch to relative ratings in settings and you will see a larger difference.
AKH

Postby Tigerman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:34 am

AKH wrote:if this is a purely cosmetic issue. Switch to relative ratings in settings and you will see a larger difference.

There is no way to switch to relative ratings. It is only absolute ratings.
Tigerman

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:31 am

The ratings are already in the Madden style. I'm assuming you want a greater spread in ratings. In the future I'll look at allowing people to adjust/mod the OVR formula so they can set it up however they want.
brooks_piggott

Postby Tigerman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:The ratings are already in the Madden style. I'm assuming you want a greater spread in ratings. In the future I'll look at allowing people to adjust/mod the OVR formula so they can set it up however they want.

Yeah i meant a greater spread.
Tigerman

Postby regenerator » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:24 am

Why can you no longer see things in relative? We don't care about OVR Brooks, we just want ratings emphasized more so that everyone doesnt seem to be the same or just barely different. Maybe there should be a bigger discrepancy between a WR with 98 speed vs one with 95, for instance.
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:51 am

Relative was for OVR and it confused people who saw it because there wasn't a good spread of OVR from top to bottom and rarely did players get into the 90's.

For a WR with all attributes, personality, etc. the same except for a 3 point difference in speed you're not going to notice much of a difference at all. I'm pretty happy with how the ratings are working as it causes teams to focus more on game planning, roster building for entire lineup, play calling, personalities and traits, skills, etc.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion