New Player Thoughts and Questions

New Player Thoughts and Questions

Postby jas80s » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:11 pm

Hello,

I am very new to these types of games, but I am now wondering what took me so long to try them? They are really cool. I have downloaded all four demos and I will be purchasing soon. Anyway, I had a quick question:

I created depth charts and I noticed that when my team played its first regular season game, many players were used. Now, that makes total sense and I wouldn't want it any other way, but I noticed that the top 2 QB's were used interchangeably. As in, they were shifted in and out series to series and often right in the middle of a drive, which seemed odd. I am not sure what to make of this? Was this my head coach making a personnel decision? Is there a setting somewhere where I can determine how QB's are used?

I did notice some unconventional decisions on 4th down. My team went for it at midfield leading by 7 in the 3rd quarter and again from my own 30 in a tie game in the 4th quarter.

Also, just a small cosmetic thing, but the winning team did not kneel on the ball with 30 seconds left and the defense having no timeouts. Again, no big deal to me, but I offer it up in case that is something that they might want to change.

Thanks for reading
jas80s

Re: New Player Thoughts and Questions

Postby jas80s » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Well, I think I have the QB situation figured out as I found a tab that differentiates between using starters primarily and using backups. I am sure there is a level of micromanaging here that I am not seeing. What if you would like to utilize a specific player (RB or WR) more than he is being used? How does one go about doing that? I'll keep messing around with it, but I thought I would post in case anybody else is new and might be wondering the same thing.

One thing I find curious as well. Through 4 games in my season, it looks like only one of my CB's is playing. I have three other CB's in the depth chart, but none of the three listed in CB2 is seeing any action. I had a safety in my depth chart at NB1 and NB2 and I even removed him and put only the three CB's in and still nothing. None of the three seem to be playing at all. I am still not sure on that one.

It's still a fun and immersive game. Thanks again for reading.
jas80s

Re: New Player Thoughts and Questions

Postby AKH » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:42 am

I think the some depth chart issues were fixed in one of the recent patches.

(The nbs of course wont see the field if you are not running dime/nickel/335)
AKH

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion