Guides

Guides

Postby AKH » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:21 am

Hi guys, I havent been putting anything online for the new version because we are currently working on an online knowledge base that will make everything easier to update and maintain from version to version.

Still, I wanted to put briefly some info about how the new depth chart/packages system works because this is one of the major additions in the new game, and may be hard to grasp when just looking quickly at it.

One of the shortcomings of previous versions was that they were not very flexible in terms of switching up depth charts ingame, the package system adresses that.

You will see on the depth chart screen that you have 5 packages for offense and 5 for defense. These packages can apply to any formation, and (obviously, since there are more than 11 positions on a package) not all formations use all (or the same) positions from a package. You can use the 'show graphic' option to see who lines up where in the different formations)

As you can see you can clone packages. so for example you if you have already set your offensive line and want to use the same players in another package you can clone the first one to move them over. Similarly you can let coaches set packages for you.

Anyhow. There are four things that factor into setting up a play now.
1) strategy settings
2) playbook
3) formation settings
4) packages

The process is as follows for offense:
1) You strategy setting looks at scenario (down and distance) and determines whether to call a run or a pass and which playbooks to use.
2) from this it goes into your playbook and selects a play based on run/pass and weight of plays.
3) it then takes the formation and type (run/pass) of the selected play and looks up your formation settings to find the package weights for that combination.
4) it selects a package based on the weights and loads that particular depthchart.

and for defense
1) Your strategy setting looks at scenario (down and distance) and determines which playbooks to use.
2) from this it goes into your playbook and selects a play based on weight of plays.
3) it then takes the formation of the selected play and the distance from the scenario and looks up your formation settings to find the package weights for that combination.
4) it selects a package based on the weights and loads that particular depthchart.

If you dont want to costumize anything you can just have a coach set the default packages and leave the formations preferences as they are (you can see they are all set to use package one 100% of the time).

Also important: it is default package (package 1) that determines who is counted as starters on the team.

If you are calling plays in single player you can select the package from the dropdown.

Also notice you can rename the packages to help yourself remember what they do. Just click on the package name (e.g. "Default Package") and type.
AKH

Re: Guides

Postby Templer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:04 am

AKH wrote:... an online knowledge base that will make everything easier to update and maintain from version to version...

Very welcome :)
Follow WWPF Football on WWPF insider: https://twitter.com/WWPFInsider
Templer

Postby blaino23 » Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm

Can you go through or provide insight on the Training portion and how that works? I know you shouldn't go over 22 upon setting up Weekly Training and Training Camp. Which determine what could possibly help increase rating attributes and the best settings to get most out of training feature?

I would assume Physical Activity would help increase Strength and Game Tape Intelligence but what about QB Arm or Acc or RB/WR Hands and Endurance?

Please assist as i keep trying to switch it up .
blaino23

Postby AKH » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Sorry for being a bit slow on this.

Physical: Strength, endurance
athletic: speed agility
Gametape: intelligence& game prep
Drills: the relevant skills for the position
AKH

Postby regenerator » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Uh, not to be a spoil sport...but, this ever wind up getting followed up on at all? Sure would be nice!! Id estimate it would automatically add a couple dollars worth to your product. This game has gotten so detailed and sophisticated, its well past the point where it pretty much DEMANDS the game be accompanied by a meticulously detailed guide.
I mean, I love your product and you've definitely got a committed fan in me, but seriously... and again, if its out there and I'm just making a fool of myself, kudos to you guys and I apologize. But if thats NOT the case...this is getting pretty unprofessional. We did all purchase this product with the expectation that we would know how to use it in the first place. With all these wonderful enhancements, not knowing your way around can severely limit your overall enjoyment and kills the great potential of this game. At best, we're likely simply missing out on some of the more richly detailed, lesser obvious features as we scan through the newly integrated and very busy UI, being increasingly likely in the case of features new to this version of the game. We literately don't know what we're missing, and considering that, how can we feel satisfied with our investment of funds, and more importantly, time?
regenerator

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion