More Play Command Questions?

More Play Command Questions?

Postby coachcbjii » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:28 pm

Ok, I have copied down every command possible for every position as listed in the plays.xml (at least I think I did).
And I still have a few questions, just so I am on the same page when I start creating new plays.....

1) Is the "QB Boot Left/Right" command just for running the option or can you use it on pass plays too, to simulate rolling out?

2) Does the QB Command have to mimic the command of the RB on a run play? Meaning, if I am running "offtac'kle left" do both the QB and RB have to have that command

3) The reason for question #2 is because on dives and draws I see the "QB Drop Back Run" command. Is this to simulate play action or something else completely? Just trying to find when the QB HAS to mimic the RBs command and when he DOES NOT.

4) "Dive" and "Draw" do not have a Left/right extension on their command. How does the RB know where to go? If we add the left right extension would that mess anything up? And where would they go?

5) On "Counter Left/Right" does the RB actually take a counter or delay step like a true counter? It looks like it slightly when you watch the 2D action. I just want to make sure.

6) Where do the lineman go on "Pull Left/Right"? Who do they block or how do they know who to block? Say I have a LG Pull Left will he loop around the LT a kickout the first man he sees. But what if I tell the RG to Pull Left, will he just loop around the C, or will he pull all the way down the line until the first man he sees?

7) I know I am asking a lot, but can we get the depth of the routes? Like what are the differences of a short post, skinny post, and post. Or a short post vs slant or quick slant? Or a Hook vs a Comeback. It would be nice to know the depth of the routes.

8) On Defense can any player have any command. Like could a DL "cover" and a DB "rush". Of a DL play "hook"

9) What is the difference between a zone and deep zone? Zone is underneath coverage I amusing? How do they players know what side of the field or position They play Zone in? Example. I tell my MLB, SS, and FS all to play DeepZone. How do they know who has the middle deep zone and who has the outside Deep zones? Sorry zone coverage is still kind of confusing. Like what is the difference if I tell my CB to Play "Flat" vs "Zone" or my LB to play "Hook" vs "Zone". Just trying to get a better understanding of coverage.

10) What is the difference between 34 & 34 wide? DE are wider? Same question for 43 vs 43wide

11) What is the difference between Nickel and NickelOff? Do just the corners play farther off?

12) Same questions for DimePrevent, DimePress, D335Wide, D335 Soft, what do they all do differently than their base set?

Sorry for all the questions. The plays.xml has really opened my eyes and I want to really dig on opening up the games with more plays to choose from.

If all this information is somewhere can someone please guide me in the right direction.
If not, could someone please enlighten me, as I am excited to explore this.

Thank you in advance for anyone's help.

PS - If anyone wants the list of commands for making plays I can post the template if interested.
coachcbjii

Re: More Play Command Questions?

Postby AKH » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:28 am

1) depends on playtype. If its a run play he will boot out and run - if its pass he will boot out and pass.

2) no they dont have to be the same. Normally the QB will just have a drop back.

3) see two.

4) he will hit the hole he finds, usually diffence is in the blocking (its been iterations since weve looked at this.)

5) yes

6) they will pull approx. two players. Notice however that speed and agility affects this a lot, so they may get stuck in traffic behind the blob of other blockers and defenders.

7) If you look at the playgrpahics in custom playbooks you should be able to see these.

8) yes any player can have any command.

9) "zone" is around where he lines up. Hook is around 10 yards from LOS. DeepZone drops back (directly) and gravitates toward who is going long (or comes forward if no-one is long) All zones these stay roughly on the horizontal location where plays line up. Flat zones will go to the nearest sideline at the depth the player is lined up.

10) the 'wide refers to the LBs - so in wide formations they are spread wider out. Similar for the over/under - the LBs are shifted to the sides.

11) and 12) yes there are shifts in lineup. Check the graphics in custom playbooks, they show it.
AKH

Re: More Play Command Questions?

Postby coachcbjii » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Wow!
Thank you for answering literally every question I had.
This is a game changer for me! I will be spending the off-season putting together a lot more plays for this game and see how it plays out.
Hopefully nothing too overpowering. Very excited.
coachcbjii

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion