Free Agency is flat out broken

Free Agency is flat out broken

Postby joejccva71 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:16 pm

Started a new game as Cleveland. Made a few offers. I offered a 85 rated WR who is just 24 years old, a 2 year contract of $7mil a year. I waited and waited, then he signs with Minnesota for $1.5mil for 1 year. So he's 24 and turns down a 2 year contract for $7mil for a 1 year for $1.5? LOL ok.

Then I tried to get a FB. 26 years old, who is rated a 90. I offered him $9mil for 4 years. He accepted a contract with Dallas for $350k for 1 year.

Wow I even reloaded my game, went at the New England Patriots, and went through FA again, offered that same WR a 3 yr $10mil a year contract and he still went with another team for a $2mil / 2 year deal. LOL. Are we serious right now?

I have now went to a bunch of other players, offered them way more than other teams. I have now offered many different players all contracts that were way more than other teams, and want to know how many players I ended up getting?

Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Kaput. Not one. They all went to other teams for MUCH less.

I'm done.
joejccva71

Re: Free Agency is flat out broken

Postby AKH » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:39 pm

sounds weird. Are you on the latest version? Are you in career or sandbox?

My best guess is that your offers are probably overridden because the team is on CPU or because you are not the GM. If this is the case, then of course the option to even offer contracts should be locked down.

Anyone else seeing this?
AKH

Postby joejccva71 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:01 pm

Playing Career and I am the GM of the team. It didn't matter which team I started with nor how much i offered ANY player. The player was ALWAYS picked by a different team for ALOT less money. I even offered ridiculous bonuses and still didn't matter.
joejccva71

Postby AKH » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Ok thx. Will look into it.
AKH

Postby joejccva71 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:13 pm

Ok thanks. Another thing. I've been trying to sign Kuhn - A fullback on Free Agency for TWO years now. Season One, he didn't sign with me and just didn't sign with anyone. I simmed the first year, and then during the 2nd year during FA I tried again and he didn't sign again lol. I offered him so much money.

Have you been able to reproduce this?
joejccva71

Postby AKH » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:33 am

I cant immediately reproduce this. My best guess again is that your offers are discarded for some reason.

I have sent you a PM.
AKH

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:25 pm

Could it be that the offers are getting dismissed/devalued from excess players at the position already? The players should be reacting to money most of all, but there are scenarios where players won't sign if you have too many players at a position or exceed some roster limitations. We really would need you to set up a scenario and share your .bin file so we can check specifics.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion