Request : Option to completely unlock depth charts again

Request : Option to completely unlock depth charts again

Postby TalonHIFL » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:44 pm

So in my league we run a 40 man roster and have a lot of rules outside of the scope of the game itself..

With our salary cap, injury policies, and the overall restrictions of the smaller rosters you always have depth issues, and I understand that but when we used to play in PF16 (I believe) we had the option to play anyone anywhere on the field.. It allowed for some two-way players but more importantly, depth chart control.

Right now I've had several teams lose linemen mid-game and as a result of the overall lack of depth on the rosters the sim auto-plugs the wholes and every time its happened this season I see back up QB's and/or Punters/Kickers playing on the offensive or defensive line.

Realistically I would like to at least be able to plug in a FB or TE into the linemen spots, but I think that an option to unlock your own game to play anyone anywhere should be available. I understand some people not liking it because of exploitation of the sim, but if its your league you should be able to choose that for yourself.

Any chance of this working in a future patch? please?
TalonHIFL

Re: Request : Option to completely unlock depth charts again

Postby TalonHIFL » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:38 am

Bump
TalonHIFL

Postby TalonHIFL » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:10 pm

Im having to consider a move to a 53 man roster which my league really doesn't want, but we may have to just to get out of having guys playing their back up QB at RT due to injuries.

Very simple fix if we could get the option to unlock the depth charts entirely again, we already have the buffer to help avoid exploits in the positional ranking being on top of the raw attributes, I think it is a great option to give the players more freedom if they so choose to use it.

Alternatively, just the ability to set your own roster limits (45 man roster, etc) with the ability to not force a team to carry a FB if they aren't going to run a system that needs one, letting the administrator set roster size limits and positional requirements.

Any chance of any of this?
TalonHIFL

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:17 am

There is already a depth chart unlock option in settings. I just need to update the package screen to use this option. Should be fixed in next update.
brooks_piggott

Postby TalonHIFL » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:There is already a depth chart unlock option in settings. I just need to update the package screen to use this option. Should be fixed in next update.

Awesome, thank you!
TalonHIFL

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion