Contract negotiations

Contract negotiations

Postby jhamman8 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:16 am

I'm having some issues with negotiating contract salaries with players.

I've set the salary cap to $177.2m and made max contracts to $10m. All teams have started with lots of cap space to sign free agents and renegotiate higher contracts.

Yet after 3 seasons players are requesting very high salaries from me but not other teams. There are only two or three players in other teams with a salary of over $6m, I have three players over $6m, four players over $7m, and two players that earn $8m. I had players earning $5.75m in the last year of their contract say they were insulted when I offered them $8m per year.

I don't understand why players are expecting me to pay so much in salaries but not a single other team comes close to offering these amounts.

Anyone else seeing this?
jhamman8

Re: Contract negotiations

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:49 am

The CPU teams get a bit of a discount to prevent human teams from just offering 1 dollar more and winning all deals. We did this due to a lot of overwhelming feedback that free agency was too easy.
brooks_piggott

Postby jhamman8 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:30 am

Okay I get that, but it's more than a bit of a discount. I'm the highest spending team in the league, second highest team is spending $51m less than me and have 7 more players than I do. That's a big discrepancy. Will the other teams offer contracts up to max?
jhamman8

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:51 am

Not really, the CPU will go through and do a calculation of desired salary, appropriate salary for the position, adjustments for rosters, adjustments for skills, etc. and then come out with a range. Then they offer a contract that normally falls within the range. The only way for them to get to a max deal is if there is some sort of highly ranked, highly sought after player at a position where the average contract is near the max, and his attributes are really high.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion