Serial Number? Overall easy of use(dumb it down)

Serial Number? Overall easy of use(dumb it down)

Postby regenerator » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:53 am

Silly topic I know, but for the life of me I cannot remember where/how to enter my serial number in order to have full access. Quick help?

Manual for general help like this is still too hard to find in a hurry. Should be front page somewhere. Think it's noteworthy that this has been an issue from the beginning and continues to be

Long-time user here, and after having stepped away for a few months, have a totally different perspective - the game is def too busy now with all the features. Which is great I've always been pushing for more! more! more!
However, to a new user, the basic instructions I think still need to be more readily accessible, UI-friendliness needs a brush up.

Just thought I'd leave my 2 cents while looking with "fresh" eyes!
regenerator

Serial Number Bugs

Postby regenerator » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:03 am

Okay wow this is buggy - I click on the DDSPF shortcut icon, screen comes up with options
"PURCHASE" "DEMO" then a blank SLE box with "GO" next to it. I assume you enter the serial number in the box next to "GO"? Again, for a new user, this is not very clear. Hell wasn't clear for me! It is 3AM, but still...
So I realize I don't have my Serial Num on clipboard - try to alt+tab away into my Gmail in Browser, won't let me do it, DDSPF is hogging the screen. Finally have to hold down alt+tab and click the X on the DDSPF screen preview just to close it so I can get my serial number. But instead of actually closing the app, it pops up another window behind my browser! This of course being the main screen for DDSPF. Confused?
And to top off - whoops! See nowhere to enter my serial number here on main screen(pls add)

One more bug (I think) - if I click "Go" without entering in my serial number in the blank box next to it(again, assuming, since nowhere is there a clear label/indication), I get a crash pop-up...but the program goes ahead and loads the main screen, so just kidding about crashing...I think *UPDATE* - I just realized that after you don't enter anything in the "GO" box(thats what I'm calling it, that's the label!), the crash box comes up, then after clicking OK, you have to kill this first screen before the "Main" screen (where you can create league, etc) appears.

One last thing - I didn't realize at first that when I was X'ing out of DDSPF to get my serial key, it wasn't actually closing the DDS app - so I wound up with 3 instances of the software open at one time.

Am I the first to notice this? Oh and can't take a screen shot of the app crashing after I enter the serial number. Ouch!
regenerator

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion