User-Neutral League Increased AI Difficulty

User-Neutral League Increased AI Difficulty

Postby regenerator » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 am

*NOTE= This may not apply anymore bc of the new GM mode...boo!**

I am running a full sim solo league without any bias towards any particular team - I want the results to play out irregardless of whether it is I or the computer is controlling a team (obviously things I do will still have a major impact such as roster moves, playbook, etc)

In order to make each result as "user-neutral" as possible, please tell me which settings I should use. I have listed the one's that come to mind, pls add any I may have overlooked or not understood correctly.

The way I wish to run this league does not take into account the idea of a user "winning" - one of the rare things you'll ever see in football -
in my league, quite literally, "WINNING" ISN'T ANYTHING.

The joy comes in purely watching teams of my own devise battle it out, check out the stats and see where it goes. This is why this is my favorite kind of sports game.

1)The first one seems obvious but I want to confirm - to achieve the previously stated goal, I should not click on Increasing AI Difficulty , correct?
This option seems to indicate that the computer will have an advantage over the team you are controlling to make it more difficult to "win", def something I want to avoid
a) Note - I do not see, after you create the league, where you can select/un-select this option. Did I overlook it somewhere?

2) Will the team I am currently "controlling" affect outcome in and of itself? If so, perhaps I should not be controlling either of the two teams who are about to play, changing for each game? Ideally I'd like to be able to call plays on both sides - I think you could do that in 2018 if not mistaken

I guess these are the only two - the main thing that led me to post this was the "Increased AI Difficult" option which is new. Please let me know if there are other variables to consider in making this as comp vs. comp as possible, while still letting me control everything else, roster, OC/DC, plays, gameplan, etc.
regenerator

Re: User-Neutral League Increased AI Difficulty

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Increased AI difficulty means it will be harder to win against CPU teams. Some people were complaining it was too easy to beat the AI, so we increased their ability if you check that box. We haven't had much feedback on it so you'll have to let us know how well it works for you.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 pm

1) After you create the league, can we make it still an option where you can turn AI Difficulty off/On please?

2) Will the team I am currently "controlling" affect outcome in and of itself? If so, perhaps I should not be controlling either of the two teams who are about to play, changing for each game? Ideally I'd like to be able to call plays on both sides - I think you could do that in 2018 if not mistaken
regenerator

Postby regenerator » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 am

I really would like an answer here -

I dont care about "winning" or "losing" vs the computer, this isnt an arcade game. THis is a simulation. I just want things to happen realistically. So should I leave the Increase AI Difficulty checkbox checked or unchecked?
regenerator

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:52 am

My honest answer is I don't know. In some leagues turning that on for human teams may actually give more realistic results related to stats. But all of my tuning and the AI and stuff is based on that checkbox being off... we just expect people to check the box if they want to "stack the deck" against the Human teams if they're finding it too easy to win in their leagues.
brooks_piggott

Postby regenerator » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:58 pm

Thank you Brooks that is exactly the kind of response I was hoping for ! Definitely clears things up as much as possible. Thanks again!!
regenerator

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion