League file import problems...

League file import problems...

Postby Skycast » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:14 am

Trying to do a league import, everything was working fine and dandy until yesterday and have tried various things to no avail.

After logging in as the commissioner I get the IMPORTING TEAM FILES graphic, but the status bar just stays blank then vanishes...nothing happens, no import status, zilch.

Please advise...
Skycast

Re: League file import problems...

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:49 am

Normally this is an issue with firewalls/ftp port blocking/ftp server non-responsive/server locked files/server network/bandwidth issues. Or if someone updated the online settings.

Otherwise if it's a server issue it should resolve itself... if not you may need to talk to your web host to see if there are any known issues.
brooks_piggott

Postby Skycast » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:56 pm

Files are hosted at WWPF and Gary has already looked into it to no avail.
Skycast

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:14 pm

So when you load the WWPF file up you're using the http:// address correct? That will download the .bin file over HTTP from the web server. When you click Publish, Import, or Export that is using FTP and will use the FTP settings in the league file. Also your firewall on your system could be blocking FTP but not HTTP which would mean you could download the file, but you couldn't do the other actions. If everyone else is able to do all of these actions then it probably isn't a web server issue (unless it's just an intermittent error that comes and goes), it's more likely something on your PC blocking it.

I would try

1. Go to Windows Firewall (Windows Defender Firewall) and click the "All an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall" link on the left side. Then make sure the game is in the list with network access. Or temporarily turn off Windows Defender Firewall and see if that's the issue.
2. Re-downloading the file again from http just to make sure you're getting the latest league file that the other commissioners are using successfully.
brooks_piggott

Postby Skycast » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 am

Nothing has changed with my firewall, that's not the issue and I have already tried #2 to no avail.
Skycast

Postby Skycast » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Gary worked some voodoo and it's now working!
Skycast

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion