Defensive Matching

Defensive Matching

Postby ZootMurph » Sat May 11, 2019 9:05 am

Does the defense match the offensive formation? What I mean is, does the defense only use one of the Dime plays against specific formations, or will it randomly pick a play from the playbook based on the frequency chosen?

I'd love to be able to create a playbook to use versus different formations as well as different down and distance.

Also, what is 2nd and short and what is 2nd a long. Is 2nd and 5 short or long? For example, I would say 2nd and 5 is short, but I would say 3rd and 5 is long.

Finally, when looking at analytics, the game shows me how the team did against specific offensive plays. I'd rather see how the defensive plays fared in different situations. For example, if I'm running 335S ZoneWall a lot on 3rd and long, and I'm giving up a lot of first downs in that formation, I would tune it down or take it out of the playbook altogether.

There is a lot of strategical possibility in the game with the use of playbooks, and I'm still wrapping my head around it all. But I love it so far!
ZootMurph

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion