I iz confused

I iz confused

Postby barques » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Okay so I just bought this game and am playing it for the very first time currently. I have zero experience with any previous draft day sports games. So I'm creating my first league and it has a lot of questions regarding finances that are tripping me up. I know how I want rosters set up and overtime resolution and so forth but no idea what to do with the finances really at all. Is there a pinned help thread to kind of walk you through this if you're unsure or is there an in game help somewhere? I've been unable to find anything within the game to help really. I guess going with the default is the logical thing to do if I have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't like going into something completely unaware of how I want it to be.
barques

Re: I iz confused

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:09 pm

The finances are set to a reasonable default where teams normally have cap room, but not enough that they can overpay everyone. I recommend staying with the defaults until you decide how you want your league to go. If you want contracts to go higher to give a bigger spread you would increase the salary cap and increase the max salaries for various players. If you want lower contracts, you would do the opposite. If you want to change the difficulty to keep a bunch of stars you may lower the cap but keep the max contracts higher so teams couldn't hoard them. There really isn't a guide for this kind of thing because people tend to play with the numbers to get the behavior they want. Maybe other folks in the community can chime in with what they use and why.
brooks_piggott

Re: I iz confused

Postby barques » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Thanks for the quick and helpful response! I'll start with default and go from there. I'm terrible at jumping into new things I like to be walked through it like a preschooler lol. I think most people are happier to just dive right in, but I certainly will start with default and see what other people have to offer on the subject. I'm just excited to give the game a try.
barques

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion