Situational Play-Calling by AI

Situational Play-Calling by AI

Postby regenerator » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 am

Is the computer's AI coded to call, in general, the correct plays for different game situations? For instance, is it more likely to call TWOTE formation plays in Goal Line situations? Does it call pass plays mostly in 2-minute situations? I ask because if it does not, I would like to formally submit that as a top priority enhancement for future versions of the game. A
lso, I see how I can alter the team to call situation appropriate plays by creating, for instance, a 2-minute playbook and assigning it to "2-MINUTE AHEAD" and "2-MINUTE BEHIND" situations on the playbook screen. However, I would like to avoid having to do this for every team as would become very burdensome! However, I will if its the only way to get these situational calls to be realistic. After all, as Beliceck has taught us, its all about attention to detail and executing in this critical junctions of each game.
regenerator

regenerator

Re: Situational Play-Calling by AI

Postby AKH » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:12 am

(Based on league settings) it will make adjustments to run/pass frequency depending on scenario. It will not distinguish between formations, those depend on the playbook and weights.
AKH

Re: Situational Play-Calling by AI

Postby regenerator » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:04 am

Okay so then it behooves one to make special playbooks most likely to see things like Goal Line offense when in goal line scenario. Thats gonna take awhile to do for every team.

I see a great opportunity for a very necessary enhancement for future version here...
I
regenerator

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019 General Discussion