First Look at DDS:PB 19 screens

First Look at DDS:PB 19 screens

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Be sure to check out our blog and see the first screens and first announced new improvements from DDS:PB 2019!

https://www.wolverinestudios.com/2018/0 ... asketball/
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: First Look at DDS:PB 19 screens

Postby mpleague » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:15 pm

I can't stress enough how awesome those defensive strategies are. Definitely the best addition shown so far.
mpleague

Postby Rizzo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:52 pm

mpleague wrote:I can't stress enough how awesome those defensive strategies are. Definitely the best addition shown so far.

I will second this! Having new offensive philosophies along with much more defensive options will make this game a must-buy for me.
Rizzo

Postby Cleasby » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:02 am

Yep makes the dynamic of managing game by game even more interesting. I cant wait to see how this impacts teams in the playoffs!
Cleasby

Postby pdandy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:48 pm

My favorite time of the year :)

Regarding the team strategies, does the AI take that setting into account when signing and trading players/building a team. For example, if the AI is set to Seven Seconds or Less, will they know to not spend top dollar on a big man free agent. Will they know to try to trade away expensive big men on their roster in favor of more shooting?
pdandy

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:24 pm

The AI actually will work in the opposite direction and try to acquire the best players it can and then chooses a system that fits them - I would rather see the teams acquire talented players when they can and fit the team to the talent rather than ignoring better players because they might not fit in the system they currently have
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby pdandy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Thanks for the reply Gary. Sounds great!
pdandy

Postby pdandy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:49 pm

In the Football section I saw that you have implemented offering of role to a free agent in order to entice a free agent to join your team. I assume that if you offered a starting role but instead put the player on the 2nd string, they would get disgruntled.

By any chance, has this new feature been implemented in the PB 2019?
pdandy

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:12 am

This feature is not in DDS:PB 2019

BUT....

Check out the facebook and twitter feeds today...new screenshot showcasing the awesome new player card with new player faces and jerseys!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:05 am

Gary Gorski wrote:The AI actually will work in the opposite direction and try to acquire the best players it can and then chooses a system that fits them - I would rather see the teams acquire talented players when they can and fit the team to the talent rather than ignoring better players because they might not fit in the system they currently have

In the future, could this be like a personality trait or maybe introduce playstyle preferences which will slightly adjust based on current roster but ultimately favor the way they like to play? All coaches aren’t that savvy in adjusing their strategy to the player they have. I know this is where the strategy rating comes into play at but there are stubborn coaches in the NBA who rather get players who can fit into their system rather then change how they are playing (Tom Thib, Rick Carlisle for example) besides I don’t think the warriors would have signed Boogie Cousins if he wasn’t an agile big who shoot 3’s occasionally. If he was the best player available in FA and couldn’t shoot and was slow as molasses, I highly doubt GS would have signed him and then tried to change the way they play to accommodate for him.
SirMichaelJordan

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion