More new items discussed

More new items discussed

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Not every new feature added is a major one - often times some of the best ones are tweaks or little additions that are really important to some gamers. Here's a couple more things you can look forward to in DDS:PB 19

One thing I'm working on adding right now is a build history option so that if you start a game without a team you can have the game run through all the processes to build up a history and then you are assigned to the team you want or you can continue on with no team and try to get hired by someone next offseason (or you can play sandbox mode and take over whichever team you want).

The season preview magazine now has a feature that adds in the key additions or subtractions for each team to help you better track player movement.

There are new sim modes - the standard old one is there but there are also two more which will slow the sim down for either all games or just you own team so that you can see some quick stat leaders from the game.

I've also been trying to work with the 2D game screen. All of the in game strategy options are now going to be available while the game is going on so you will only have to actually open another screen to sub or pick a timeout strategy/draw up your own timeout play. This way is much easier to just change whatever you need to including the individual matchups while the game is going on. Also have done some work trying to get the players to constantly be moving a little bit so its more realistic.

I've gotten some really good feedback on the multiplayer side too so hopefully the improvements coming there will encourage more online leagues to popup or convert from older versions or even older games that aren't being supported anymore.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: More new items discussed

Postby BKL » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Looking forward to the game!

One thing I would like to see is the tie-breakers. Right now if two teams are tied, there isn't any tiebreaker logic (such as points scored, or head-to-head, etc.). It can be frustrating to play an entire season only to see one team make it and another not just because of something random. Even something simple, like points scored, would be better than something random.
BKL

Postby genie2369 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:44 am

I don't know if this is one of the improvements, but in multiplayer leagues to be able to watch a replay of the games that was simmed by the commissioner would be awesome.
genie2369

Postby Cleasby » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:01 am

Can't wait - Excited to start my new next play with 19!
Cleasby

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:25 pm

There is not a replay option for MP leagues as of right now
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby genie2369 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:There is not a replay option for MP leagues as of right now

Is this something that might be worked on?
genie2369

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:24 am

I would have to look and see how difficult it would be to put into the code again
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Rizzo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:57 am

Any multiplayer improvements will go a long way towards having our league of 30 users upgrading to the newest engine. Can't wait!
Rizzo

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Well the defensive strategy assignments will definitely be something that benefits MP leagues and other items are being added as well to try and enhance the MP experience
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Rizzo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:44 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Well the defensive strategy assignments will definitely be something that benefits MP leagues and other items are being added as well to try and enhance the MP experience

Love to hear it Gary! I have to say that this sim engine has come a long, long way since I first started playing way back in the PB2 days!
Rizzo

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion