More new items discussed

Re: More new items discussed

Postby BKL » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:25 am

BKL wrote:Looking forward to the game!

One thing I would like to see is the tie-breakers. Right now if two teams are tied, there isn't any tiebreaker logic (such as points scored, or head-to-head, etc.). It can be frustrating to play an entire season only to see one team make it and another not just because of something random. Even something simple, like points scored, would be better than something random.

Any thoughts on this?
BKL

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:20 pm

There are tie-breakers built in already. The order it goes is head to head, conference rec, division rec, net points
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Cole » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:55 am

I have never played this series and am not the biggest basketball fan but some of the features and screens have me considering getting this game. Question... are there customizable league configurations (number of teams/divisions/conferences etc) or are you locked into the NBA type structure ?
Cole

Postby Eugene93126 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:06 pm

I am really confused with multiplayer. Can someone give me a guide to how multiplayer exactly works?
Eugene93126

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:50 am

Cole wrote:I have never played this series and am not the biggest basketball fan but some of the features and screens have me considering getting this game. Question... are there customizable league configurations (number of teams/divisions/conferences etc) or are you locked into the NBA type structure ?

There are multiple league size configurations and without any kind of mod its just a fictional universe so you can have an array of choices for creating your own game world.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Rizzo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Eugene93126 wrote:I am really confused with multiplayer. Can someone give me a guide to how multiplayer exactly works?

What is it that you're confused about? Ask any questions and I would be happy to help. Granted, I've only played DDS:PB16 as my latest engine in this series but I've played in multiplayer leagues for years and know how it works. Ask away, brutha!
Rizzo

Postby Gabe778 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:36 pm

With the sandbox, would we be able to edit coaches and player contracts without going through the ms access db file or would we still have to do all of that? I know thats a stupid question but eliminating a step helps lol.
Gabe778

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Nothing has changed on that front with editing just because its kind of a complicated process editing all the stuff that goes with salary - what in particular do you like to do with editing contracts? Are you trying to circumvent players going to free agency or force players into extensions or something?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby BB Brand » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:48 pm

Instructional manual - will there be one? If so, how comprehensive will it be? The best one will have every item on every screen explained.
BB Brand

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:42 pm

I've done a couple of other things rather than write a detailed instruction manual for each screen - I just don't think its necessary to do that.

First there is an in game FAQ section under the help menu. I've expanded on the items there especially detailing contract situations for those not so familiar with bird rules and the like.

Second there is a notification center window (assuming you can play at larger than the minimum resolution size) which will prompt you on what to do on certain days. This stuff also gets sent to your in game email box but sometimes people don't look there.

Also some screens like the stats screen have a help button that will tell you what all the abbreviations stand for or tips for what some option might do etc...

If there's anything in particular that you think needs better explaining please let me know so that I offer some kind of in game help for it. I think writing an entire manual is not only tedious and time consuming but its also inconvenient for the gamer to have to leave the game and scroll through a manual looking for something when I would rather provide help for anything right there where and when the gamer needs it.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion