Coaches getting a facelift!

Coaches getting a facelift!

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:47 pm

I like sharing some of the small stuff that is going into the game and one of those things is going to be new coach pictures! Not only will we have new faces but I've added in the ability to mix and match different outfit options to give even greater variety in coaches. We posted pictures on our Facebook and Twitter pages - check them out!

https://twitter.com/wolverinestudio
https://www.facebook.com/wolverinestudios/
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Re: Coaches getting a facelift!

Postby Cleasby » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:03 am

Looks good excited to play this.
Cleasby

Postby Rizzo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:59 am

I haven't played since DDS:PB3 so forgive me if things have changed but do coaches actually have an effect on how your team plays, develops, scouts, etc? I know it's a much older sim engine but in PB3 it has always seemed that they were just window dressing and didn't actually have an effect on anything going on.
Rizzo

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Yes they do have an impact - better coaches will lead to better player development, more accurate ratings of players and for head coaches it can even mean the difference in a couple of wins or losses as their strategy is factored into the outcome of certain events during the games
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Cleasby » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:44 am

That is interesting. So their strategy will matter even if you turn off the coach running the strategy? Makes having a similar coach to your play style crucial!
Cleasby

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:51 am

Will there finally be a preseason? It doesn’t make since to have all these summer league games with a roster that is made up with 90% of players that will not be on your team and not have a in game preseason with 15-20 players where you call try out different coaching strategies and rotations before the season start. Not to mention the risk of having an important injury while doing so.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby Rizzo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:39 am

SirMichaelJordan wrote:Will there finally be a preseason? It doesn’t make since to have all these summer league games with a roster that is made up with 90% of players that will not be on your team and not have a in game preseason with 15-20 players where you call try out different coaching strategies and rotations before the season start. Not to mention the risk of having an important injury while doing so.

SMJ! Haven’t seen you in quite some time. I remember working on the college coaching pictures for CB2 way back!

I totally agree there should be a preseason win your actual roster to really try to experiment. It should also carry over any injuries into the regular season since this is your actual team.
Rizzo

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Cleasby wrote:That is interesting. So their strategy will matter even if you turn off the coach running the strategy? Makes having a similar coach to your play style crucial!

Their strategy matters in terms of X's and O'x. So think of a coach with a high strategy rating as more likely to be able to run a play out of a timeout that is successful while one with a low rating probably won't be able to do so nearly as often.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:31 pm

SirMichaelJordan wrote:Will there finally be a preseason? It doesn’t make since to have all these summer league games with a roster that is made up with 90% of players that will not be on your team and not have a in game preseason with 15-20 players where you call try out different coaching strategies and rotations before the season start. Not to mention the risk of having an important injury while doing so.

There is not a preseason right now mostly because I have never really seen a need for it. The summer league games not only let you see what your rookies might be capable of doing but also some free agents you might want to keep an eye on or sign to a two-way contract or something to hold in your d-league.

I think (while realistic) most people would probably be more annoyed if they lost a good player to injury in the preseason. I mean if its something people really, really care about it could be built in but it just kind of seems like something extra to have to sim or play through without really having a significant benefit for doing so and the downside of injuries to deal with.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:

There is not a preseason right now mostly because I have never really seen a need for it. The summer league games not only let you see what your rookies might be capable of doing but also some free agents you might want to keep an eye on or sign to a two-way contract or something to hold in your d-league.

I think (while realistic) most people would probably be more annoyed if they lost a good player to injury in the preseason. I mean if its something people really, really care about it could be built in but it just kind of seems like something extra to have to sim or play through without really having a significant benefit for doing so and the downside of injuries to deal with.

Maybe I’m in the minority but I feel like dealing with possible injuries is apart of managing a team not to mention that a user that isn’t fine with injuries can turn them off completely or lower the chance of it happening. Filling out rotations and testing out strategies during these games without having to go outside of your saves would be a huge plus IMO. I think sim speed has gotten better so siming pass any preseason games shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Plus it would be cool to see a summer league guy who you decided to give a contract to fair with better talent during the preseason...Just another opportunity to find some diamonds in the rough.
SirMichaelJordan

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion