Gary...

Gary...

Postby iPrestige » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:17 am

Hey Gary, I was wondering if you are gonna release a Wolverine Studios Official NBA Database custom file -- preferably one for ratings and stats input respectively like last year?

If not, would it be too much of a hassle for you to provide a sort of template database (ratings and stats input) that isn't too hard to maneuver around, so users can do their own modding?

I've noticed that this version of PB and some versions before it have a draft class file import system that I assume allows users to use a fully customized draft class. I would like to start using this feature but don't really have a clue on how to set it up properly. Can you give me more insight on the feature?
iPrestige

Re: Gary...

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:02 am

The templates from last year for ratings and stats can still be used. I posted in the mods forum that the following changes had to be made to them though to make them work

"TeamsXX" in databases
- the BannerPath column can be removed as it hasn't been used in quite some time
- you MUST add a new column called OwnerStar and rate that 1-5 for each owner for their importance of having a star player on the team

I saw from your other post you are already using the NBA mod that is out there - you could always edit that database file too for whatever you like since its already setup for this year.

I will post a template and instructions for a draft class in the mod forum.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby iPrestige » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:56 pm

I forgot to mention that I wanted to setup up some real life injuries in-game for some players to bring a more real life feel to my saves .

How would I go about doing that using the template databases?

For example, Lauri Markkanen's elbow injury that's gonna sideline him for about 6-8 weeks.
iPrestige

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Well in the database file you would add a number to the time injured column and then you can open the default.dat file with a database editor and look at the injury table there to find the injuryID code to enter in your import file under the InjuryID column
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby iPrestige » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks Gary !
iPrestige

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion