General impressions?

General impressions?

Postby Double Dribble » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:18 am

Curious if anybody can share their thoughts on the new offenses and defenses? Are they working as intended? Does it feel different from last year's game? How's the spread of ratings ? Do you see a range of ratings from 1-9 in all categories?
Double Dribble

Re: General impressions?

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:35 am

I can tell you from just simming random seasons that changing the offensive play style has a very easily noticeable impact. For example if you are running SSOL vs the Grind offensive style there is a huge gap in where most teams end up in terms of FGA. The other items are working as intended as well its just that some of them are more subtle differences.

There have been very few issues raised in the FirstAccess forum so far so it doesn't look like we will need a long FirstAccess period meaning you'll be able to try out a demo soon enough!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:56 am

One other thing I will mention since it was raised in terms of last year's game and I said the engine would need work to correct it - the "Ben Simmons" issue has been corrected. I ran a test season with the mod that is posted in the forums and Simmons was the starting PG - basically averaged a triple double and shot a total of 12 threes all season (shot 11 IRL in 2017-18) so the engine is doing a much better job of handing the rarity of a point guard/primary ball handler that does not shoot threes
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Rizzo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:One other thing I will mention since it was raised in terms of last year's game and I said the engine would need work to correct it - the "Ben Simmons" issue has been corrected. I ran a test season with the mod that is posted in the forums and Simmons was the starting PG - basically averaged a triple double and shot a total of 12 threes all season (shot 11 IRL in 2017-18) so the engine is doing a much better job of handing the rarity of a point guard/primary ball handler that does not shoot threes

That's great to hear!
Rizzo

Postby pdandy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:One other thing I will mention since it was raised in terms of last year's game and I said the engine would need work to correct it - the "Ben Simmons" issue has been corrected. I ran a test season with the mod that is posted in the forums and Simmons was the starting PG - basically averaged a triple double and shot a total of 12 threes all season (shot 11 IRL in 2017-18) so the engine is doing a much better job of handing the rarity of a point guard/primary ball handler that does not shoot threes

Wow! Thanks for improving this Gary. Got to check this out tonight.
pdandy

Postby Rizzo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Do you remember what Simmons’ defensive metrics were while playing PG?
Rizzo

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion