Will there be historical play and historical rosters?

Will there be historical play and historical rosters?

Postby beatle » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:19 am

Will there be historical play and historical rosters included in this game for each year?
beatle

Re: Will there be historical play and historical rosters?

Postby Gary Gorski » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Historical play is available - there is a free mod in the mods forum that will setup the game world as the NBA and also contains a historical database to let you restart in any season since the merger
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby RedSox04071318 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:20 pm

Is there any way to disable the D league in these historical scenarios? The development league wasn't formed until 2001 so it has no place in a 1976 replay
RedSox04071318

Postby RedSox04071318 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Plus it is seriously messing up my league. Admittedly it's probably something I am doing or not doing. I know nothing about the D League or its draft, other than it's the NBA's equivalent to minor leagues. But when I move to the draft, only the CPU can draft, and once it's finished, my entire roster is empty. I have no idea where my players wind up, but my team is only one with no players once I get past this evil draft. I don't want to draft anyone, I am recreating a historical season from the past, and there should be a way to simulate that without 21st century add-ons that cripple the accuracy.
RedSox04071318

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:12 am

You cannot disable the d-league as its woven into the game in many aspects. You can choose to not use it (ie not send your players to the d-league). I am curious though how your d-league affiliate would end up with no players if the CPU is drafting for you. You actually can manage it yourself and do the drafting - on the team roster page there should be a checkbox to manage d-league affiliate. If you check it you will get to control the team. Otherwise the CPU handles it.

Under the help menu there are instructions to send the game files to support. If you would do that prior to the d-league draft taking place we can look and see why your team is ending up with no players.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby RedSox04071318 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:20 pm

I have another thread asking for help on these historical leagues. Because in addition to my team having no players, all of the other players end up on teams for whom they never actually played. As I say in my other thread, I am looking to recreate a past season, and while I can't expect exact duplication (nor do I want that), because of injuries, AI moves and statistical anomalies, I would at least like to have the actual rosters that were in place when the season started.
RedSox04071318

Postby RedSox04071318 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:21 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:You cannot disable the d-league as its woven into the game in many aspects. You can choose to not use it (ie not send your players to the d-league). I am curious though how your d-league affiliate would end up with no players if the CPU is drafting for you. You actually can manage it yourself and do the drafting - on the team roster page there should be a checkbox to manage d-league affiliate. If you check it you will get to control the team. Otherwise the CPU handles it.

Under the help menu there are instructions to send the game files to support. If you would do that prior to the d-league draft taking place we can look and see why your team is ending up with no players.

This wasn't my D League team that had no players. It had maybe three or four. But my main (parent) roster had no one. My Trail Blazers of 1976 had no Bill Walton, no Maurice Lucas, no one at all.
RedSox04071318

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion