Making a custom player pictures file

Making a custom player pictures file

Postby BB Brand » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi.
I want to make a player picture file with players' real pics. How can I remove the jerseys so they don't show in the photos in game? I tried deleting all the jerseys from the "jersey" file, but the program errors out to desktop.
Thanks.
BB Brand

Re: Making a custom player pictures file

Postby Your_Imaginary_Friend » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:34 pm

The facegen uniforms do not show up in the real pictures I'm using, so I think you did something wrong, likely putting the photos in the facegen folder, or something like that.
Your_Imaginary_Friend

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Yes don't put in the custom pictures in the "fac" folder. Just put them directly in the players folder and the jerseys will not show up on them
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby BB Brand » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Ah. I'll give this a try.
BB Brand

Postby BB Brand » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:39 pm

Oops, this didn't work for me. I put my pics directly in the "graphics/players" folder. The original assets are showing.
BB Brand

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:00 am

Where are you seeing it not work? Exit the game and make sure your photos are in the graphics/players folder. For example I tested it with the NBA mod and placed a file called John_Wall.jpg in that folder and when I opened the game I see the jersey display on the other players on Washington (on the default picture) and then no jersey with the picture of Wall.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby BB Brand » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Ah, I see what it is. I'm "naming" the pictures by number, like what's done in the original "fac" folder. With this and putting my pictures in the "player" folder, the game goes to the "fac" folder. If I name a picture with a player's name, like your John Wall example, then it works as you said.
I found a work-around. After renaming the original "fac" and "jersey" folders, I created a new "fac" folder with my numbered pics. Then I created a "jersey" folder, deleted all the jerseys, then created a jersey of a single pixel named "FA.png". Without doing the latter, the game errors out, complaining about the "jerseys" folder.
BB Brand

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion