How-to Homebrew

How-to Homebrew

Postby bugboffin » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:02 pm

I finally figured out how to make a league using the demo, but there are no apparent instructions for how you create an entire league of fictional teams and players. There ought to be a guide for this. Can anyone provide or explain how to create your own league, teams, players, colors, logos, etc.?
bugboffin

Re: How-to Homebrew

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:41 pm

Well you can either create a league and go into the Team Info pages and change the teams, logos, colors etc and either edit the players by clicking LOGIN (takes you to commissioner mode) and exporting and importing a database or you could download say like the NBA mod and then edit everything in there to be what you want instead and then use that file to start a new game from
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby bugboffin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:07 am

I created a sandbox league, but when I click LOGIN there's the commissioner screen but then what? If I go to a team roster, it doesn't let me edit anything.

Also, do you have to do the edits before starting the draft and season, or can you edit teams and players anytime during the season?

Thanks...
bugboffin

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:45 pm

After you login as commissioner you have two options. First on the home page for the commissioner you can do the export/import option to edit players or you can go to a team roster, right click on a player and you will be able to edit all the bio and ratings right there in the game
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby bugboffin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Thanks again. When I press the IMPORT button, it says it can't find (my league)edit.mdb file. Not sure what happened.
bugboffin

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Did you export it first? You have to export it, note the file and location and then edit the file it exported and then you can reimport it but be careful - don't add things to the file or leave columns blank...things like that will mess up the file
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby bugboffin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:21 am

I managed to import the player file and can now edit the players. I tried to edit a team's logo, but after selecting the new logo (not one of those provided by the game), the logo spot on the screen appeared blank. I tried it with a jpg and a png, with the same results. Any ideas?
bugboffin

Postby bugboffin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 pm

OK I figured it out -- you have to put the new logo in the game's LOGO folder.
bugboffin

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion