How to Stop the Draft

How to Stop the Draft

Postby bugboffin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:10 pm

I want players in the new league I'm creating to continue playing season after season until I decided to replace them manually. I want no trades (unless I make them), no retirements, no free agents and no draft. How can I keep my rosters "pure" and stop the draft at the beginning of this, my first season, so no new players are added to the teams? And how would I do this again the following season, but still keep the historical player data of the first season intact?
bugboffin

Re: How to Stop the Draft

Postby Gary Gorski » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:57 pm

I am sorry but there is no way for the game to do this. The best thing I could suggest would be to have the game saved at the start of the season, simulate the season, export the stats to a database and copy those to a second database file where you can keep all the stats for every time you do it and then just exit the season and go back and resimulate it again and again
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby bugboffin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:02 am

So would I copy the DDSPB19 folder and save it elsewhere, then play the season, then replace the existing DDSPB19 folder with the copy, then begin another season?
bugboffin

Postby bugboffin » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:05 am

Also, how do you change player photos? Coach photos?

Is there any way to use courts and uniforms that don't have other teams names on them?

Can I choose the style of play and depth chart for teams other than the one I'm coaching?

What is the key for players' country codes?

I don't remember being able to select any playoff specifications when creating the league. Is that predetermined, I.e., how many teams will go to playoffs, and how many games each playoff round will have?

Appreciate your time in helping. I'm just operating in the dark now, trying to get my fictitious league up and running from scratch. So far, so good...
bugboffin

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:24 am

Photos will be recognized by the game if you place them in the graphics/players folder (not in the graphics/players/fac folder - just the graphics/players folder) and name the files like firstname_lastname.jpg - so bob_smith.jpg and then the next time you open the league if there is a Bob Smith that photo will show up. The same will work in the graphics/nonplayers folder for coaches

You can use whatever graphics you want for courts and uniforms. You can see the locations of the files in the graphics folders - either replace the default ones with ones you like or put more in there and go to the Team Information page for each team and you can select new logos, colors, courts, jerseys...all that stuff is there.

You can use the LOGIN button at the top to take over as commissioner power and change what you want but as soon as you start playing the AI will change things back if it wants to. The only way to do that would be to do a multiplayer league where you made 30 owners and then controlled each team.

You cannot choose the playoff setup

This is the key for the countries

Id Country
1 United States
2 Bosnia
3 Belgium
4 Bulgaria
5 Croatia
6 Estonia
7 France
8 Germany
9 Greece