Financials

Re: Financials

Postby redfox000 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:22 am

spitfire wrote:
Your_Imaginary_Friend wrote:
No, I simply don't want my game playing time wasted with extraneous factors.

And there are many coaches in all sports who have turned down jobs until they get what they want. John Gruden being a recent example.

Yeah, I know. Just having a little fun. But let's face it, for every coach in a position to turn down jobs till they get the right situation [i.e. either proven winners who can call their own shots or those who are independantly wealthy!] there are a bunch who'll take any pro job they can get their hands on. Some just love to coach, some just love to eat and need the gig. Very cool that Gary has covered both bases. You wanna set yourself up in sandbox, no problem. Or you can put yourself in the position of a coach who DOESN'T have the clout to get just the right deal and play the hand you're dealt by management. Two different challenges, and both part of DDSPB19!

The bottom line for me is this is a game, not real life. In real life you make some valid points on both sides. For a game for me to play in my very limited personal time I want it to be fun. So I choose the more fun way for me which is Sandbox mode. The challenge mode for me personally is not as fun if i have a limited amount of time to play to begin with and then that time is spent with a ridiculous owner making it impossible for me to even win or have fun.

Just my $0.02
redfox000

Postby rawr123456787654 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:22 am

I agree Gary, but I do think YIF brings up a cool point for future iterations - could we maybe see that initial June 18th phone call with owners fleshed out a bit? Maybe he goes through 2 or 3 goals like "grab a star" "develop this young player" "make it this far in the post-season" "try to get this good of a pick" and you can prioritize the order of those from most likely to least likely, something like that? Just a thought.
rawr123456787654

Postby spitfire » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:13 am

redfox000 wrote:The bottom line for me is this is a game, not real life. In real life you make some valid points on both sides. For a game for me to play in my very limited personal time I want it to be fun. So I choose the more fun way for me which is Sandbox mode. The challenge mode for me personally is not as fun if i have a limited amount of time to play to begin with and then that time is spent with a ridiculous owner making it impossible for me to even win or have fun.

Just my $0.02

Sure, whatever works for you. Like I say, both ways to play are part of the game, so pick the one you reckon will be the most fun and have a blast!
spitfire

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 am

rawr123456787654 wrote:I agree Gary, but I do think YIF brings up a cool point for future iterations - could we maybe see that initial June 18th phone call with owners fleshed out a bit? Maybe he goes through 2 or 3 goals like "grab a star" "develop this young player" "make it this far in the post-season" "try to get this good of a pick" and you can prioritize the order of those from most likely to least likely, something like that? Just a thought.

Yeah that's an interesting idea - maybe I can show the goals when you pick a team too in the future or whatever so you know you're signing up for a team that aligns with your goals
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion