Few Questions Regarding Settings

Few Questions Regarding Settings

Postby pdxballer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:30 am

I downloaded the demo and am loving it so far for a new league I'm setting up with some friends, but I had a few questions:

1) Is it possible to have all human controlled teams?
2) Can coaches be disabled or modified? I want to keep all teams consistent with one another so as to not give another team an advantage by having better coaches.
3) Can player personalities be turned off or modified?
4) Can team intangibles be turned off or modified?
5) Can the D-League be removed? My friends and I aren't interested in utilizing this feature.

As you can tell, I'm looking to modify lots of aspects of the game. I really like it and would love to use it for my new sim league! If the ability to turn these features off or have a more stripped down version of the game is available in the previous versions, then I'd be willing to buy that if it fits our needs.
pdxballer

Re: Few Questions Regarding Settings

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:03 am

Hello and welcome to the game! Here's some answers to your questions and I am happy to answer any and all questions. Also I want to refer you to https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... /solutions where you can find some FAQs and can submit tickets to us - I try to check the forums once a day if I can but the tickets we can access from anywhere and can usually respond quicker.

1) Yes, you can setup a multiplayer league and have all teams human controlled. To do this you create a multiplayer league and during the creation you make 30 (or how many ever teams you are having) GMs and assign them to each team.
2) Coaches cannot be disabled
3) Yes when you create a league don't skip to "CREATE PLAYER" and on the second creation screen there is a checkbox to "DISABLE PLAYER INTERACTIONS"
2/3) Both coaches and players can be modified. In the game click LOGIN at the top and that gives you commissioner access (click it again when you are done to go back to your character). On the commissioner's office screen there is an EXPORT DB button - this will dump some league information to a database file that can be opened and edited with MS Access (or even something like Open Office). You can't add/delete things there but you can just change the ratings to make them all the same if you want and then you go back to that commissioner screen and IMPORT DB. Of course new players and coaches come into the league so you have to do it every year but in theory it can be done to make them all the same
4) Those will get ignored if you have disabled the player interactions in setup
5) No the d-league is woven into the game. You can choose to not use it (ie not send players down, not use 2 way contracts) but it will still exist and run in the background
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby pdxballer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Hello and welcome to the game! Here's some answers to your questions and I am happy to answer any and all questions. Also I want to refer you to https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... /solutions where you can find some FAQs and can submit tickets to us - I try to check the forums once a day if I can but the tickets we can access from anywhere and can usually respond quicker.

1) Yes, you can setup a multiplayer league and have all teams human controlled. To do this you create a multiplayer league and during the creation you make 30 (or how many ever teams you are having) GMs and assign them to each team.
2) Coaches cannot be disabled
3) Yes when you create a league don't skip to "CREATE PLAYER" and on the second creation screen there is a checkbox to "DISABLE PLAYER INTERACTIONS"
2/3) Both coaches and players can be modified. In the game click LOGIN at the top and that gives you commissioner access (click it again when you are done to go back to your character). On the commissioner's office screen there is an EXPORT DB button - this will dump some league information to a database file that can be opened and edited with MS Access (or even something like Open Office). You can't add/delete things there but you can just change the ratings to make them all the same if you want and then you go back to that commissioner screen and IMPORT DB. Of course new players and coaches come into the league so you have to do it every year but in theory it can be done to make them all the same
4) Those will get ignored if you have disabled the player interactions in setup
5) No the d-league is woven into the game. You can choose to not use it (ie not send players down, not use 2 way contracts) but it will still exist and run in the background

Much appreciated response!

I had another follow-up question:
Does age and pro experience play apart of a player's performance?
pdxballer

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Not really performance at the time but players do decline with age and true ratings may not be shown on players with little experience because the league doesn't quite know them fully yet
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Tim Moungey » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:52 pm

A couple caveats to the age/experience question:

1. Typically younger players will have lower ratings and as a result, play worse.
2. I'm not sure about 19, but I know in previous versions, initial endurance of rookies was chiefly tied to age. That resulted in worse performances until Year 3, when they got the big endurance boost and tended to be the breakout year for players anywhere from 18-20.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion