Online league How to?

Online league How to?

Postby ootpmanager76 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:44 pm

I'm a commissioner of a league using a different program and we are considering scrapping that league and starting over with this program. I just can't find any information on how the actual mechanics of an online league work. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or something like that to give me an idea of what I would be getting myself into.

Thanks!
ootpmanager76

Re: Online league How to?

Postby Tim Moungey » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Generally speaking:

1. Teams export their file to Multiplayer/LeagueName and then upload it (most leagues use message board attachments for this).
2. The simmer or commissioner downloads the files to Multiplayer/LeagueName, imports them via the commissioner screen in the game, and runs the sim, processes the trades after the sim, etc.
3. The new file is then uploaded to the server for teams to download and change their DCs/sub matrixes - repeat process.

That's for the seasonal processing. For creating rookie files, you can either have the game auto-generate fictional, or you can import a user-created class (Warning: This second option will involve a lot of hours and should use a team of 2-3 people to share the workload). You'll get an email in the game when it's time to select the rookie class.

For coach hiring, I'd recommend manual bidding, with the simmer entering in the bids - just makes things a lot easier.

Draft can be run live but depending on your league's geographic spread, it might not be feasible. In that case, run it on a message board (this is what most leagues do) and have the commissioner/simmer enter the picks and any trades manually.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby ootpmanager76 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:33 pm

Thanks! We'll give it a test run.
ootpmanager76

Postby mpleague » Mon May 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Would love to see/join your league!
mpleague

Postby Phatman » Mon May 06, 2019 8:57 pm

mpleague wrote:Would love to see/join your league!

Can you post a link if possible?
Phatman

Postby mpleague » Tue May 07, 2019 1:38 am

Phatman wrote:
mpleague wrote:Would love to see/join your league!

Can you post a link if possible?

If I get one I’ll be sure to!
mpleague

Postby LSUTigerJosh » Wed May 08, 2019 3:31 pm

I would also be interested
LSUTigerJosh

Postby ootpmanager76 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:20 pm

Guys Sorry we have been delayed in doing this. As soon as it looks like we will have a league I will let you know. So you know the way we do things in our league is we sim 1 day at a time and stay on the same schedule as real life. So it's not everyone's cup of tea.
ootpmanager76

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion