Exception Error

Exception Error

Postby Gabe778 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:48 pm

This error always comes up when I try to bypass the summer league roster setup, before in previous games I never had an issue, but in this game it seems to give me this error.
Gabe778

Re: Exception Error

Postby damoore46 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:03 am

I have not had that error, but I've never tried to bypass the Summer League. (I always send a few players). Give support a shout [url]https://www.wolverinestudios.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=283&t=28589][/url]
damoore46

Postby LloydLungs » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:06 pm

I've gotten this error several times. I'm currently not controlling a team so I'm not inviting any players. From my experience I would say it happens fairly frequently. I've been trying to run a few seasons for history and then take over a team but unfortunately have pretty much shelved the game because I keep erroring out at this stage.

Have contacted support and they initially responded, but I have not heard back in approximately two weeks. Maybe I sent them the wrong files, not sure. Probably doesn't matter though if it's an error that other people are getting. I can't keep making them fix my save file every other season. Hopefully this will get eradicated eventually and I can play.
LloydLungs

Postby damoore46 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:55 pm

I tried to recreate this error, but was not able to do that. When starting a new league in either the regular mode or sandbox mode I did not see where I could disable the D-League. You can disable the European Leagues, but I didn't see anywhere where I could disable the D-League. Did you bring in your league from a previous version? If so, that may be why the error --- the program is looking for a point in the data that yours does not have. Therefore the exception error.

Keep in mind that I am speculating here a bit, so what I am saying may not be true, but that is my 2 cents.

David
damoore46

Postby LloydLungs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:22 am

No, actually it has been several different new leagues started on this version. Like I said, I am trying to build up the history of a new league (with the college version playing concurrently -- could imports from the college game be screwing it up?) before taking over a team in a few seasons. But I have not been able to advance more than a couple of years without hitting this error, which torpedoes the league.

I wouldn't want to disable the D-League anyway. I guess if I could I would if it meant getting past this, but in theory I want it to be a part of my universe.
LloydLungs

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 pm

I believe we replied this morning - please make sure that for support items to open a ticket in our new system. It is a vastly superior system now at www.wolverinestudios.com/support than it was emailing our old support address where unfortunately things got missed or spammed from time to time.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby LloydLungs » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:09 pm

I did get a reply and thank you! It's a very confusing issue because it just started working. I tried to get past July 2 roughly 20 times a couple of weeks ago and it errored out every time -- today I dusted it off and it worked! That has happened to me before with this issue. It happens over and over, I give it a few days and try it again, and it works. Very, very odd.
LloydLungs

Postby Gabe778 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:24 pm

So wait, is there a fix for this or do I have to send my file to support?
Gabe778

Postby Tim Moungey » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:22 pm

Gabe778 wrote:So wait, is there a fix for this or do I have to send my file to support?

I'd suggest sending your file in. Note: I do not know if there's a fix or not.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion