2 questions - very important

2 questions - very important

Postby reeaves » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:40 pm

1st - is it possible to change players contracts in historical db in a way that would affect team salary?

2nd - can I edit rookies before the draft in historical season?

Small request - can somone convert 2004 historical season for imported db or at least explain how to do it?
reeaves

Re: 2 questions - very important

Postby damoore46 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:07 pm

reeaves wrote:1st - is it possible to change players contracts in historical db in a way that would affect team salary?

2nd - can I edit rookies before the draft in historical season?

Small request - can somone convert 2004 historical season for imported db or at least explain how to do it?

1. I have a test database that I used to modify David Thompson's Denver Nuggets salary from 1977, 78, and 79. I exported the data (it exports in .mdb format) and changed his salary from 18 mil per season to 10 mil. Re-imported it, and it came in fine. It shows the new numbers on his profile page, and on the team contracts page. It DOES NOT, however, show on the "Around the League, Finances" menu item. For some reason, that does not update - at least that I could find. Now, I don't know of that number carries through the season, or what is displayed on the team page carries through. I am unable to sim an entire season for you right now to see if that will work.

2. I am still learning all the different data tables in the game, but as I see it, if the rookies are generated from within the game, the answer appears to be "no". (If I am wrong, someone please jump in!). Now, if you import your own rookie file, such as that from the College game, the answer is yes.

3. Are you using the mod that is available? I just created a new game starting in 2004, and did a quick check of rosters against the Basketball Reference site, and all looks good. What kind of problems do you have? There is a help screen on the Game Creation screen that tells you how to use the mod...

David
damoore46

Re: 2 questions - very important

Postby reeaves » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:35 pm

damoore46 wrote:
1. I have a test database that I used to modify David Thompson's Denver Nuggets salary from 1977, 78, and 79. I exported the data (it exports in .mdb format) and changed his salary from 18 mil per season to 10 mil. Re-imported it, and it came in fine. It shows the new numbers on his profile page, and on the team contracts page. It DOES NOT, however, show on the "Around the League, Finances" menu item. For some reason, that does not update - at least that I could find. Now, I don't know of that number carries through the season, or what is displayed on the team page carries through. I am unable to sim an entire season for you right now to see if that will work.

2. I am still learning all the different data tables in the game, but as I see it, if the rookies are generated from within the game, the answer appears to be "no". (If I am wrong, someone please jump in!). Now, if you import your own rookie file, such as that from the College game, the answer is yes.

3. Are you using the mod that is available? I just created a new game starting in 2004, and did a quick check of rosters against the Basketball Reference site, and all looks good. What kind of problems do you have? There is a help screen on the Game Creation screen that tells you how to use the mod...

David

1. check this out https://imgur.com/a/TZ8CnQ8

3. yes I'm using the mod, I just want a custom roster, but for a 2004-05 season not 2018-19.
reeaves

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 General Discussion