NBA Mod

Re: NBA Mod

Postby MizzouRah » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:31 am

Is there anyway to use this mod with fictional pictures generated by the game? I know it's odd, but the blank pictures bother me.
MizzouRah

Postby thenicolino » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:37 am

This mod is great. I just bought the game and I'm excited to play.

I noticed Allonzo Trier isn't in the game. How can I add him? Can I add him to a save game? Clearly, I'm running the Knicks and I need all the help I can get.
thenicolino

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:45 am

Even with the mod you will get the fictional players generated for new players. You could download the old mod from 18 and just copy the player photos from that into the folder - any pictures placed in that folder won't show up with the jerseys on the images. If someone took the time to import all the guys into FaceGen and produced images like the game has for the fictional guys I would come up with some workaround to use them but as of right now your only choice for mod players would be either the blank images or putting named files like lebron_james.jpg (or .png) into the main players folder.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:48 am

thenicolino wrote:This mod is great. I just bought the game and I'm excited to play.

I noticed Allonzo Trier isn't in the game. How can I add him? Can I add him to a save game? Clearly, I'm running the Knicks and I need all the help I can get.

The easiest thing to do if the mod creator doesn't add him would be to just sign some free agent that has no experience and then click the login button at the top of your screen. That will give you commissioner power - go to the Knicks, right click on the FA you signed and you can edit all his ratings and name and stuff there. Then click the login button again and go back to the normal mode.

You can also take that database file and edit it yourself and just add him as a player but make sure to add him both to the players table and to the unique ID table
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby thenicolino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:14 pm

Thanks a lot. How do I edit the file on its own? Is there a program that I need to use?

This is the first time I've played one of your games, so I am learning a lot with how it works.
thenicolino

Postby thenicolino » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:15 pm

I changed a random player to Allonzo Trier. I noticed you can't edit the height, weight, age and nationality, so I had to find an American that fit the other criteria. Fortunately there was one available and now my Knicks are "complete."

I noticed a lot of players have 70-something percent passing. Is that to prevent players from just lofting shots every time they get the ball? I looked at other players to get an idea of how I should weigh some of Trier's ratings.
thenicolino

Postby El_Toro_50 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:39 am

I followed your instruction and unzipped the mod into the main folder for DDPB19.

Do I just start a new game? Do I select custom file and load something from the mod for it to work?

I loaded the database file in the mod folder, but the logos were still the fictional ones.

On a side note.... I was also trying to change the logos, courts, jerseys, etc... for each team by using the browse button; but the logos do not change, or update to the new ones I select from the mod folder.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
El_Toro_50

Postby Tim Moungey » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:19 am

El_Toro_50 wrote:I followed your instruction and unzipped the mod into the main folder for DDPB19.

Do I just start a new game? Do I select custom file and load something from the mod for it to work?

I loaded the database file in the mod folder, but the logos were still the fictional ones.

On a side note.... I was also trying to change the logos, courts, jerseys, etc... for each team by using the browse button; but the logos do not change, or update to the new ones I select from the mod folder.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Select Custom in League Setup. Then go to NBAmod.mdb and double click on it to load it. Then everything will install, including the graphics.
Tim Moungey
Elite Member

Postby Ganflex » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:59 pm

Select Custom in League Setup. Then go to NBAmod.mdb and double click on it to load it. Then everything will install, including the graphics.

I tried this and had the same result as El_Toro_50. I am using Parallels on my Mac. Not sure that really has anything to do with it, but I did as instructed above with no luck. Any help you can provide would be great!
Ganflex

Postby itzfandango » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:15 am

Hello everyone. Well, this is my first franchise game and I thought it was amazing! However, NBA mods are always welcome and when I tried to put it, I could not. I followed that neither the tutorial, but only the cast is ok. He also wanted the logos and especially the player's history to appear. If you have a sequence or order of the folders, step by step how to do it, I will be eternally grateful. :D
itzfandango

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Basketball 2019 Mods