NFL Mod by Tigerman

Re: NFL Mod by Tigerman

Postby Invisible Witness » Mon May 11, 2020 11:37 pm

Is somebody working on updating rosters for 20/21 season?
Invisible Witness

Postby Ronm » Tue May 12, 2020 12:18 am

I would imagine a lot of that 2020-2021 season would have to wait until inside the actual real life season a few games, in order to be sort of accurate with regards to rating the rookie class, especially. Probably about 4 or 5 games in at least would give an idea to rate them.
Ronm

Postby Invisible Witness » Tue May 12, 2020 9:14 pm

Ronm wrote:I would imagine a lot of that 2020-2021 season would have to wait until inside the actual real life season a few games, in order to be sort of accurate with regards to rating the rookie class, especially. Probably about 4 or 5 games in at least would give an idea to rate them.

I agree with that but was wondering if somebody is actually planning on doing that :) This is a daunting task maybe right now it's a good time to get started if someone is out of work with plenty of free time :)
Invisible Witness

Postby Ronm » Tue May 12, 2020 11:34 pm

hA.. I meet that criteria, and have begun tinkering.just have had the game though for a couple of weeks. Most of mine has been play design thus far but I will likely try to help someone with rosters by mid summer if anyone is trying by then.

I will probably post about 50-60 new plays and some team-specific playbooks here around that time also.
Ronm

Postby Tigerman » Fri May 15, 2020 9:20 am

Ronm wrote:hA.. I meet that criteria, and have begun tinkering.just have had the game though for a couple of weeks. Most of mine has been play design thus far but I will likely try to help someone with rosters by mid summer if anyone is trying by then.

I will probably post about 50-60 new plays and some team-specific playbooks here around that time also.

You can update mine if your up to it.
Tigerman

Postby Ronm » Fri May 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Tigerman wrote:
Ronm wrote:hA.. I meet that criteria, and have begun tinkering.just have had the game though for a couple of weeks. Most of mine has been play design thus far but I will likely try to help someone with rosters by mid summer if anyone is trying by then.

Hey Tigerman, thank you.
For sure I love tinkering with these games near as much as playing them, but it also gives me SO much respect for you and the developers.
I would love to do that.
Ronm

Postby Tigerman » Sat May 16, 2020 9:58 am

Ronm wrote:
Tigerman wrote:

Hey Tigerman, thank you.
For sure I love tinkering with these games near as much as playing them, but it also gives me SO much respect for you and the developers.
I would love to do that.

Go right ahead. I don't mind.
Tigerman

Postby pride_of_detroit » Fri May 22, 2020 6:54 am

hello, I am new in this forum, so first of all, hello to everybody. I don't know if somebody can help me.

I have downloaded this mod (.json), but when I start to play i am not able to play with it. I don't know why:

1-I select, for example, starting year 2017.
2-Assingn players to team.
3-the json is in the folder User\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2020 , with the name: HistoricalPlayerData.json
4-but when the game loads the json:
a) the teams are not correct (arizona cobras, detroit pride, etc)
b) my rooster is totally empty.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks!
pride_of_detroit

Postby Tigerman » Fri May 22, 2020 11:24 am

pride_of_detroit wrote:hello, I am new in this forum, so first of all, hello to everybody. I don't know if somebody can help me.

I have downloaded this mod (.json), but when I start to play i am not able to play with it. I don't know why:

1-I select, for example, starting year 2017.
2-Assingn players to team.
3-the json is in the folder User\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2020 , with the name: HistoricalPlayerData.json
4-but when the game loads the json:
a) the teams are not correct (arizona cobras, detroit pride, etc)
b) my rooster is totally empty.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks!

For (a) you have to download a different mod for the correct team names.
(b) you have to select "Custom file" and select this mod.
Tigerman

Postby Ronm » Sun May 31, 2020 4:27 pm

Hey Tigerman, hope you are well.
I am beginning the process of at least tinkering under the hood a bit to try to have an idea what I'm doing when I look into the upcoming season roster. A couple of questions for you, and a preface- to say WOW you did a lot of work on the 2020 roster.

Question 1- with regard to the player ratings... do you input the "overall" rating, AND the individual ratings (strength,hands, etc) and if so, is there a formula to make sure they match up well with each other? For example an overall 90 WR probably should have excellent hands, but is there a method to correlate them?

Question 2- When you added in the rookies, obviously they were still mostly untested in the NFL... did you go by an NFL "base" for the position..for example "This QB drafted seems a lot like QB XXXXX on this NFL team, so we will align their ratings mostly..."

Question 3- Is there a player limit as far as number of players? If adding in the rookies, in other words, must I take out others?

Any ideas on these appreciated.
Ronm

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods