Plays File

Plays File

Postby damoore46 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:24 am

I've been playing around with the Plays.xml file (mostly just looking at it for now), and was wondering several things about it. I haven't really dived into all the aspects of the Offense and Defense plays, but I do have some questions about Special Team:

1. On Special Teams, can you specify whether you want a kick return right or left? In these cases, the return team would favor that side of the field. The same would be true for the Kickoff plays - right or left, to try and force the returning team to one side of the field. And I guess this would work for the Punting and Punt Return teams as well.

2. On Punts, and Punt Returns - can you set it so that the Punt Return teams can go for a blocked punt or have the punting team call for more blockers to prevent a blocked kick?

3. If I wanted to have a Fake Punt Play, would that go under the Special Teams element or somewhere else?

And finally,

4. I noticed a bunch of Blitz plays in the xml file, but never see them in the playbook to add. Is there something I need to change for that to occur?

Sorry for the questions, but I am really getting into the game!
David
damoore46

Re: Plays File

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed May 08, 2019 8:43 am

No, special teams are pretty much AI locked. The plays file won't affect those.

I'm not sure why the blitzes are able to be called... I'd have to look into that and see if the AI auto shifts into them or if it's just a issue with the playcalling screen.
brooks_piggott

Postby damoore46 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:03 pm

Thanks, Brooks. I appreciate the reply!!
damoore46

Postby ZootMurph » Wed May 08, 2019 11:52 pm

If you alter the plays file, how will that affect an online multiplayer team you run? I've been making a lot of alterations, both offensively and defensively, to adjust to the type of game I'd like to play... but I was wondering if it would function or crash an online league?
ZootMurph

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:31 pm

I wouldn't alter the plays file. I would add custom plays to the configuration/options page so you're adding plays for a given league and not affecting other leagues where you just want stock plays to be used.
brooks_piggott

Postby ZootMurph » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:25 am

Can you tell me how to do this? With the base file in place, I've tried to copy and paste plays from the plays file I created, and tested, but they don't show up in the game when I'm trying to create my playbook for the league.
ZootMurph

Postby JDB » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:22 pm

I've seen this happen to. I successfully added a few custom plays (option plays from the college game) to the plays file in 18. In 19, they don't show up on the plays list when creating playbooks. But I have seen a few teams run these plays when watching games. The plays are still there, but they don't show up on that list. This is likely a bug.
JDB

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods