Problems withTeams.xml

Problems withTeams.xml

Postby MikerG » Sun May 12, 2019 6:10 pm

I downloaded the 2016 superpack and placed that teams.xml in the mentioned folder in My Documents. Every time I try to start a new league to get real team names, I got an error loading the teams.xml file. Any tipps, what I can do to get real team names. Do I need another file?
MikerG

Re: Problems withTeams.xml

Postby damoore46 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:32 pm

I can't speak specifically to your issue as I have not downloaded that mod. If you give me a link I will give it a shot to see if I can help. In the meantime, there is a file located in the My Documents/Wolverine Studios/DDSPF 2019 folder called DDSPFLog.txt. This is a text file that contains errors that the programs traps. Take a look at that and see if it tells you exactly what the problem might be.

Thanks,
David
damoore46

Postby MikerG » Mon May 13, 2019 2:05 pm

txt:Date: 13.05.2019 00:01:46
Source: System.Core
Stack Trace: bei System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
bei #=qS3clmhdicCnTedN2TEgGclOKktmpQFFjffmyesQ2wFE=.#=qPpnZDy4hlLFbE_QhjzzOzg==(#=qx2RyqxqZIN5j60KXWR3XBQ== #=qwoGguEGFlrO6ImXciekoew==)
bei #=qgcYVZMomjkgGuK_M05dPIg==.#=qKRJKi_kgQc7Ws_Mb4Qwxeg==(Object #=qOZMKpZ6OdXw$5_3i7kYODA==, EventArgs #=q09BnLE398Hj10tZ1jWyuZA==)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

the file is from the package at gmgames
http://forums.gmgames.org/files/downloa ... ams-logos/
MikerG

Postby damoore46 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Ok, here is what I found after registering on GM Games and downloading the file. They are different in that the one from GM Games is older and does not contain as much info as the newer 2019 DDS version has. The error you received from your log file above says that it is missing some data elements. That means that it is looking for something in the Teams.xml that isn't there. I am sure that is something that has been upgraded and/or added since the 2016 version that would be causing this.

My recommendations would be to make a copy of the original Teams.xml file and copy it to the exact same place as the one from GM Games. Then, using a text editor, you can mod the file yourself with real names. I like a program called Notepad++ (its free, do a search on the web), because it keeps the xml structure visually and makes it real easy to mod the file.

If you need more help, let me know and I will do the best I can.

David
damoore46

Postby MikerG » Mon May 13, 2019 6:19 pm

Thanks, I´ll try it... I had the same impression, seem sto be outdated a bit from 2016 :-(
MikerG

Postby MikerG » Fri May 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Thx, it little bit of try and error, but it worked after updating the team names in the file of the 2019 version...
MikerG

Postby Chris » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:49 am

We will keep the older superpack incase people prefer to play legacy games, but there is a new DDS PF 2020 superpack from TheFlyer, https://forums.gmgames.org/files/file/6 ... superpack/
Chris

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods