Real Teams Name Mod

Real Teams Name Mod

Postby damoore46 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:44 pm

I've made a modified Teams.xml file to reflect the real names of the NFL teams. This will allow you to start a new game with all the correct team names for the Modern 32 Team league option when making a new game. The link is https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ptxTNChiHKnf3g4rV5Mcs50C4GkReT54/view?usp=sharing. Its my Google Drive, so I hope it works.

As far as I've tested, this will only change the 32 team option. It will also NOT change an existing league. You will still have to do this manually. To install:

1. Find the path, something like "C:\Users\{User Name\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2020"
2. Copy the modified Teams.xml file that you downloaded into that directory.
3. Start the game, and create a new league. All the real team names should be there. Again, this will work for only the "Modern Day 32 Teams" league creation option.

This works for both Steam and non-Steam users.

Any questions, please feel free to ask, or DM me.

David

v 1.0 Initial Release
v 1.1 Found and corrected the abbreviation for the Los Angeles Rams (Now LAR), changed Los Angeles Chargers abbreviation to LAC.
Last edited by damoore46 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damoore46

Re: Real Teams Name Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:49 am

Hello, thanks for sharing and does look like it works great using the modern NFL league setup, always nice to see the real team names.

One suggestion I would make, instead of putting the Teams.xml file in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolverine Studios\Draft Day Sports - Pro Football 2020\Data" (or Steam folder), put the file in the folder of "\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2020". I believe the developer has commented on this in the past and said that was the best and right place since typically you don't want to change anything in your main program directory. When they release patches you run the risk it will overwrite your modded Teams.xml file in the program folder. But if it was in the documents, the file would be safe. Plus, the document folder is used by both the regular version and steam version of the game so you only have to worry about it in one place.

When the game loads, it first looks in the "\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2020" for any modded files (like Teams.xml) and uses that file instead of the one located in the program folder. I verified this by putting your file there and everything worked great.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby damoore46 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:33 pm

Thanks, slybelle1 for the help. I've edited my instructions to include what you've mentioned, and also updated the file to reflect accurate abbreviations for the Rams and Chargers.
damoore46

Postby Rizzo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Much appreciated!
Rizzo

Postby markprior22 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:54 pm

Must be doing something wrong. I dl the file. Click edit...copy...go to the folderr listed above and paste. I select to replace existing file. File seems to copy. I open ddspf20, start a new game and the team names are the default names. Can you spot what i might be doing wrong? Thanks
markprior22

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:02 pm

markprior22 wrote:Must be doing something wrong. I dl the file. Click edit...copy...go to the folderr listed above and paste. I select to replace existing file. File seems to copy. I open ddspf20, start a new game and the team names are the default names. Can you spot what i might be doing wrong? Thanks

If you received an overwrite prompt, that means you must have had a modded file in that folder already (by default there isn't any)...that still shouldn't be an issue.

Just confirm the following:

1) Put teams.xml in C:\Users\{User Name\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2020
2) Start brand new league
3) When starting a new league, make sure you chose the modern day - 32 teams for league format.....will only work with this league type

Otherwise, should work fine.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby markprior22 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:14 am

i don't get it. BTW the file was there because I had been trying to get this to work previously (there was no file there when I started). I deleted the file. Copied the new xml file and pasted into the directory. File is 142KB (just to verify size). I opened the game, clicked load game and deleted the previous game I had started, closed the program, reopened and started a new game. Still old team names. I have the other mod installed for logos, etc and it works fine. I think I will just enter the names manually. That's all this mod does, correct?
markprior22

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:07 am

markprior22 wrote:i don't get it. BTW the file was there because I had been trying to get this to work previously (there was no file there when I started). I deleted the file. Copied the new xml file and pasted into the directory. File is 142KB (just to verify size). I opened the game, clicked load game and deleted the previous game I had started, closed the program, reopened and started a new game. Still old team names. I have the other mod installed for logos, etc and it works fine. I think I will just enter the names manually. That's all this mod does, correct?

Yes, all the mod does is rename the teams to be real life NFL teams. You could type in yourself, but then you have to do that every time you create a new league.

Really not sure why this is not working for you unless your not choosing the right league format during league creation. That is the only thing I can think of if your absolutely sure the Teams.xml file is in the correct folder. If you open the Teams.xml file in a text editor, do you see the real names in it? Are you sure the folder is correct (i.e. your not looking at another user on the computer)?

Your folder looks like the following?

Although this mod is very good, I also have a version of the Teams.xml in my post below. The difference is I have an auto-installer where it should unzip in the correct folder to just be sure no issue there. Typically wouldn't advocate my own stuff in another thread, but might be worth trying because of the different install method.

viewtopic.php?f=285&t=30307
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods