Direct Me to Custom Plays Offered for DDSPF2020

Direct Me to Custom Plays Offered for DDSPF2020

Postby regenerator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:16 am

Hello -
I am on the lookout for some new custom plays available/shared by users on the forum here or elsewhere for DDSPF2020...I love the game, def the best vers yet and clearly headed in the right direction, and with some additional good plays I can see the game really shining. I think it's at a point now where the onus is starting to shift to us; we have the play maker functionality now, I haven't messed with it really at all, but that's more a testament to how engrossing all of the other features, both new and old, are.
So yeah, we've been given a great overall game, its starting to be up to us to use it to its full potential.

Looking for any and all new plays, here's some specifics; I may just hunker down one of these days and try to create some of these on my own, but it'd be great if I didnt have to lol! Love to call a good game, not so excited about creating the plays...only do it if I absolutely have to...

1) QB Runs - I haven't found really any success at all with called QB Runs - literally the ONLY yardage I've seen my QBs get rushing for a game is from scrambling/broken plays...esp as the game truly is evolving now in the NFL to consisting almost more of QBs who can gain some ground rushing than traditional drop-back guys(though I don't care what anyone says, there will ALWAYS be plenty of room for guys like Drew Brees, not that there are anymore Drew Brees out there but you get my gist I'm sure; there's so many reasons why this is true, one of the biggest being, counter to what you would assume, running qbs typically get sacked a lot more than dropback guys...)

2) Better inside runs - most of the time, I know that calling a dive or inside run is tantamount to a give up playcall...I almost primarily call them simply as window dressing so the game play by play looks more realistic; I don't know if this is some limitation in the game engine, but I tend to think it's merely that someone needs to mod/create better inside running plays that work within the framework of how the game works...

3) Better Fly Patterns/Passes - this might also be simply a limitation of game engine, but if possible, I would like to see some plays that feature a straight drop back then *BOOM* deep throw down the sideline (a "Randy Moss" play if you like)

4) Timing Passing - this relates to #3 above, if possible, Id like to see more West Coast style passing, ie passing plays primarily run as timing patterns, where the qb drops back seven stops and *BOOM* ball immediately released, ie as soon as the foot plants on that 7th step, the ball is out and to the receiver just reaching the top of his route..

5) Hail Mary
regenerator

Re: Direct Me to Custom Plays Offered for DDSPF2020

Postby b1gd51 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:48 pm

You can try the custom plays file in the DDS: College Football Mods section created by francua4. It was missing some plays that were in the default Plays.xml file, though, and was causing issues w/ the game, so I had to go in and add those missing default plays into the mod file and it fixed the issues. You can download the updated file below:

https://app.box.com/s/1bias618ts5el1m4p9lnmn8v1urtvsnl

Just make sure you make a backup of the Plays.xml file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolverine Studios\Draft Day Sports - Pro Football 2020\Data first before copying the modded file in there so if you run into trouble, you can put the default Plays.xml file back in. Here's the info posted by francua4:

Plays Mod Info
Overall, I've added 143 new running plays, 241 passing plays, (most of which are variations across formations) and I've added blitzes as part of the default defensive playbook. A couple of pieces of info you should be aware of:

1. All of the offensive and defensive plays will show up as plays to select when creating playbooks. Furthermore, the game's AI will call these plays as well so these players are not just available to the user.
2. The defensive blitzes that will show up in the customize playbook section will have play art available.
3. The offensive plays is a bit less transparent. Some of the plays will have play art and some will not. The ones that don't have play art are because I've created custom movement for the players that the game doesn't currently have a play art route mapped to. That being said the movement works perfectly on the 2D so no worries that the game isn't reading it. In the drive there is a play/route tree guide for the passing plays, I'd suggest downloading that so you know which plays do what.
4. I've renamed and edited the distribution for all plays to reflect who the play was designed for ie "QB Zone Right", now means when you call this play only your QB will run the ball, "RB Toss Crack Right" now means that only your RB will run the ball for that play etc.. For passing plays, the play name will start with the receiver who it is intended for based on that formation positional outline. Example: If you call "Shotgun LWR Dagger" then the QBs main read is going to be the player in the LWR slot of the depth chart for Shotgun. This is not to say that he will always throw to this player, but your QB will almost always look in that direction first.
b1gd51

Postby regenerator » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:30 am

After I did this, when loading league it said something about "WishBone" not being found, then when I go to edit playbook, I get "Program encountered an error. this error has been logged "...and so on, the typical error. Also, I noticed the play DDLB was blank, as if the game detected no plays at all. Whats going on here?
Here is the error log -

ate: 4/10/2020 11:48:11 AM
Source: Draft Day Sports - Pro Football 2020
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace: at DDSPF.Controls.pnl_playbooks.XZJltgryHflUDrLSIkhobcwsWUEh(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
regenerator

Postby Ronm » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:37 am

I had the same issue. There is a wishbone offense formation in the college game that is in these plays, but the formation is not part of the pro 20 game.
I fixed it and am using these very good plays...but the only way I was able to fix it was going in and deleting each play that used the wishbone... I used a simple text editor (wordpad) and searched for "wishbone" and deleted each entire play that used it... I think there were around 15+.
After that it worked great.
Hope this helps!
Ronm

Postby regenerator » Mon May 11, 2020 8:16 am

Can you pls provide a specific new play by name? I'm having a hard time even being sure that these plays are different, or if perhaps aren't doing something correctly and the game is reverting to default playbook.
I looked for "qb zone right" what i think was your only specifically named new play but i didnt even find that...
thanks
regenerator

Postby Ronm » Mon May 11, 2020 9:36 pm

Good evening.
If you would like, I could email the two files to you, the "new" that I removed all of the wishbone plays from is around 1540kb, the one that came with the game is around 450kb.
Let me know!

Ron
Ronm

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods