WIP: Another Uniform mod possibly for '21

Re: WIP: Another Uniform mod possibly for '21

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:39 pm

NBryant wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:
NBryant wrote:Raiders listed as Las Vegas. BU originals. :o Pics appreciated to show if/how these work.

NFL helmets, 125px, basic set.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UmI6Tf ... sp=sharing

NFL helmets, 125px, alternate set.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zBMNGz ... sp=sharing

Not sure if your aware, but the company has a FREE demo of the game at their site where you could download and install. It has limits, but would allow you to see/test your mods in case you wanted to see for yourself.

Yeap, unfortunately the demo timeline expired. So I await the arrival of '21 for now. All I can do is ask for anyone using these to be patient if there are errors.

Gotcha. Here is a screenshot from within the game using your mod.

Last edited by slybelle1 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby gbmoore » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:40 pm

I think the demo only limits seasons played? Not real life time.

NBryant wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:
NBryant wrote:Raiders listed as Las Vegas. BU originals. :o Pics appreciated to show if/how these work.

NFL helmets, 125px, basic set.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UmI6Tf ... sp=sharing

NFL helmets, 125px, alternate set.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zBMNGz ... sp=sharing

Not sure if your aware, but the company has a FREE demo of the game at their site where you could download and install. It has limits, but would allow you to see/test your mods in case you wanted to see for yourself.

Yeap, unfortunately the demo timeline expired. So I await the arrival of '21 for now. All I can do is ask for anyone using these to be patient if there are errors.
gbmoore

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:45 pm

gbmoore wrote:I think the demo only limits seasons played? Not real life time.

I had thought the same, was thinking it limited you to a season or something...not number of real days. But since I own a copy, can't try it since already unlocked on my PC.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NBryant » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:09 pm

Not sure why then, I DL'd it back in early '19 sometime and do not recall running through 2 seasons but may have. There is likely a registry entry that logged that date and I don't feel like hunting it down. Hopefully the open access date isn't to far off.

Appreciate the pics, they seem to fit well. I did notice the one not showing I assume are the raiders who I listed as Las Vegas. Slybelle I also notice that in the Steelers banner on the lower part of the screen it is showing the simple side profile while the free agency list is using the framed helmets. I didn't know you could use both. Am I wrong?

Working end zones. Question, I believe in the early pre-DDSPF days of PFS Brooks had it so you could use a distinct left and right image for the end zones. Does this still apply or are you limited to one?

Thanks again, appreciate your patience with an old man just remotely having fun for now.

gbmoore - I think you were around in those Cooley TSW days, that eventually rolled to SimNation when it started drying up. I am an "old" member of the TSW and was active in SimNation early on. Good to see it still hanging around.
Last edited by NBryant on Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NBryant

Postby gbmoore » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:18 pm

In the newest game, you can add custom field pics. In the WWPF, we use this to add special superbowl fields. If you don't want to add a field, then you are still limited to one.

You could use this to make all sorts of stuff, though.

Last edited by gbmoore on Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gbmoore

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:18 pm

NBryant wrote:Not sure why then, I DL'd it back in '19 and do not recall running through 2 seasons. There is likely a registry entry that logged that date and I don't feel like hunting it down. Hopefully the open access date isn't to far off.

Appreciate the pics, they seem to fit well. I did notice the one not showing I assume are the raiders who I listed as Las Vegas.

Working end zones. Question, I believe in the early pre-DDSPF days of PFS Brooks had it so you could use a distinct left and right image for the end zones. Does this still apply or are you limited to one?

Thanks again.

Not sure why that would be the case about the demo, but no big deal if that's not something your interested in trying. I just don't recall any version being time locked, but who knows.

As for end zones, there is only a single art for it...basically just takes it and rotates it for the other side.

However, you could do what I did for the realworld mod in the college football game. Create a custom field. Basically you would create a field graphic for each team that you could add different left/right endzone art and anything else you wanted to add (i.e. advertising, mid-field directly to it, etc.).
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NBryant » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:35 pm

I will have to pull up the field I did for PFS way back when. The in game field still looks the same. Ok, so you can add a field in place of end zone. Good to know, I have template that can do a number of shadowing variations to add to it, may have to give it a shot. Now if Brooks could incorporate seasonal changes where you can have variations it could pull by game weather, that would be sweet.
NBryant

Postby gbmoore » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:52 pm

It does that. I passed him on layers for rain, mud, snow. Could always use more (and probably better).
gbmoore

Postby NBryant » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:04 pm

Ok, I have a demo version running but it was flagged as only good for 7 days (?) so I will be a pest.

First, let me apologize. Setting up the league is more painful than I thought it would be. I was assuming that if you just copied and replaced the graphics the game would just port them in. Either I am doing something wrong or it's not that easy. Anyway, going back in to finish the set up and will go from there.
NBryant

Postby slybelle1 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:09 pm

NBryant wrote:Ok, I have a demo version running but it was flagged as only good for 7 days (?) so I will be a pest.

First, let me apologize. Setting up the league is more painful than I thought it would be. I was assuming that if you just copied and replaced the graphics the game would just port them in. Either I am doing something wrong or it's not that easy. Anyway, going back in to finish the set up and will go from there.

The Pro Football game is not as mod friendly as the college game where it makes use of the document folder for installing mods (both xml files and logos), not overwriting original installed graphic files. Kind of hoping in the '21 version they make it like college.

In the pro game, if you want your mods to be used for any newly created league, you must put your graphics here (for wolverine version, steam is different):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolverine Studios\Draft Day Sports - Pro Football 2020\Data\images\logos

If your modding the Teams.xml file (i.e. real team names, specific graphic names, etc.), you'll need to put your modded teams.xml file in this folder:

\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2020

For my 2020 Pro Football Mod, I made self-installers to make it easy for folks....plus, you need to make a different installer for the Steam version because it uses totally different folders.

viewtopic.php?f=285&t=30307
slybelle1
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods