WIP: Another Uniform mod possibly for '21

Re: WIP: Another Uniform mod possibly for '21

Postby NBryant » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:23 pm

gbmoore wrote:In the newest game, you can add custom field pics. In the WWPF, we use this to add special superbowl fields. If you don't want to add a field, then you are still limited to one.

You could use this to make all sorts of stuff, though.

When you say newest are you referring to '21 or '20? If '20 what do you nme the save file, and where, for the game to pull it?
NBryant

Postby gbmoore » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:59 pm

It's been around at least since version 20 and I use _cf. I believe it stands for custom field.

Then TEAM INFO>FIELD TYPE (Custom). Options are Grass/Turf/Custom. When you choose Custom, a SELECT box pops up that you use to navigate to the file.
gbmoore

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:49 am

If you don't want the users of the mod to manually assign custom fields to all the teams, you can create you mod in a way that automatically does that each time a new league is created.

1) Put your custom field in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Wolverine Studios\Draft Day Sports - Pro Football 2020\Data\images\logos folder. For instance name it something like carolina_cf.jpg

2) In the teams.xml file within the \Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2020 folder, find the carolina team line you would to add it to. Then put an XML tag like the following CustomField=Carolina_cf.jpg". Within the teams.xml file, there are multiple league configurations. Make sure you edit the right team under the right league configuration you want to use (i.e. modern/present).

Example Line:

<Team ID="25" City="Carolina" Mascot="Panthers" Abbreviation="Car" Logo="carolina.png" LogoMidfield="carolina_mf.png" LogoSmall="carolina_s.png" CustomField="carolina_cf.jpg" LastYearStandings="1" Color="#009FD7" Color2="#000000"/>

3) Go into the game and create your new league. The custom field aill automatically be assigned to the team. Of course you would want to do this for all the remaining teams as well.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NBryant » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:40 am

Thanks gents. So this opens potential options for historical fields as well. Already making a list of uniforms and helmets for "future" potential mods.
NBryant

Postby gbmoore » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:10 am

Sly, does that work for existing leagues or new leagues only?
gbmoore

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:31 am

gbmoore wrote:Sly, does that work for existing leagues or new leagues only?

I am pretty sure requires new league for most/all of the items because as the league is created, the graphic files are renamed and copied in the league folders. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby gbmoore » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:32 am

No, I think you are correct. It was wishful thinking for your college installer.
gbmoore

Postby NBryant » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:34 am

Ok, next question before I get to deep into these, this is likely more for Brooks. Will the game allow the various fields as depicted below or other variations like this. This depicts snow. Can do others on muddy fields for those with grass and rain, I think. I have modded my template and will work the basic sets when I can. Just curious about the alternatives.

NBryant

Postby NBryant » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:37 am

slybelle1 wrote:

I am pretty sure requires new league for most/all of the items because as the league is created, the graphic files are renamed and copied in the league folders. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Not sure if it applies to the question but right now I am going team by team and changing the team info after having started the league.
NBryant

Postby slybelle1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:43 am

NBryant wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:

Not sure if it applies to the question but right now I am going team by team and changing the team info after having started the league.

Right, manually you can do after, but not through the auto assignment.
slybelle1
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods