'21 Configuration

'21 Configuration

Postby NBryant » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:13 pm

Not sure if this is more for Brooks or Gary.

I know you are busy and apologize for taking some of your time but I have a couple of questions regarding the '21 game logo requirements. I have been able to toy with sets using a demo of '20 but in reviewing the weekly videos I notice the apparent differences and have developed the following based on '20 and wonder if you could share if it will work in '21. I understand your videos represent a WIP and the final product will look slightly different but the obvious visuals that stand out right away were the oversized logos bleeding over other graphics and on some screens they added more than needed on already busy screens. I also know some like the helmets as well as the team logos. Took some time but settled on smaller sizes that showed better. I started running with the configurations laid out in the game as I recreated the NFL and they just did not look right. Depending on the logo it may only show partially and does not represent. RL examples would be the Bears and Colts logos. So I altered the sequence and created a team logo "sliver" file that shows the team logo better, IMO, as it better centers the logo. This is the team screen showing the files.

In-game it looks as if the "slivers" work well and the helmets showing up top stand out better, again, IMO. This is shown here.

The custom game field and field screen then looks like this.

Got carried away.

I have started the game generic DDSPF sets to see how it looks all around as well as an NFL set. I am just impatient and curious if you feel these would in fact work in your '21 scheme before I continue investing time in them and default to just wait for the games release.

Thanks guys.
NBryant

Re: '21 Configuration

Postby NBryant » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:16 pm

The files are here and may help understand my question.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wtT4V4 ... sp=sharing
NBryant

Postby slybelle1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:23 am

i would post this in the main pro football forum, don’t know how often they review the mod section.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:53 am

I believe the graphics for PF21 will remain the same as PF20. If there are places where the large logo would look better than the medium one we can look at swapping those out in game during First Access depending on Gary's updated designs.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods