2021 Pro Football Realworld Mod

Re: 2021 Pro Football Realworld Mod

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:27 am

cdcool wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:
cdcool wrote:It works!

Thank you for the confirmation, good to hear when it works for other people since I know everyone's systems are different.

99.9% of people are not moving their Windows 10 Documents folder to another location, it's the default Windows location, 99.9% should not have a problem with your mod.

Unfortunately, when you install Windows 10 nowadays from scratch, the default location is to use OneDrive location, which messes that up. If people don't recognize that during the install, it confuses folks. When Windows 10 was first released, that wasn't the case. With all my mods, the #1 issue turns out to be the location of the documents folder.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby cdcool » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:34 am

I don't think that's true, I have and pay for Onedrive, I don't remember an option for Onedrive or the C Drive.
cdcool

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:40 am

cdcool wrote:I don't think that's true, I have and pay for Onedrive, I don't remember an option for Onedrive or the C Drive.

Depends when you installed it, wasn't always that way.

One article on it....

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... 8e8ca70ac7
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby cdcool » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:49 am

slybelle1 wrote:
cdcool wrote:I don't think that's true, I have and pay for Onedrive, I don't remember an option for Onedrive or the C Drive.

One article on it....

Okay, must be something new, most of your mod users must have installed windows recently then..LOL On second thought, I think I did see that and I said hell no
cdcool

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:11 pm

cdcool wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:

One article on it....

Okay, must be something new, most of your mod users must have installed windows recently then..LOL On second thought, I think I did see that and I said hell no

Totally possible:) When I released my college mod last year, there was quite a few issues that pointed back to OneDrive so that is how I came to know about this. If people don't pay attention during the install and/or don't know any better or like to use OneDrive (which can be good), I expect to see it a lot more.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:30 pm

I got this going now perfectly, thank you gents
Chris

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 pm

Chris wrote:I got this going now perfectly, thank you gents

Can you share what fixed it? Just in case others experience the same issue, always good to here how others resolved them. Thanks
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby cdcool » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:25 pm

This is true, no need to have My Documents going to OneDrive. MIcrosoft wants to buy OneDrive.
cdcool

Postby Chris » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:00 pm

slybelle1 wrote:

Can you share what fixed it? Just in case others experience the same issue, always good to here how others resolved them. Thanks

My issue has to do with the Registry setting on the Windows 10 My Documents. I made sure I synchronized them all up so that they were always C:\Users\MYNAME\Documents as before they kept going back to a different path from a vmware setting. This then made sure the game and even your extractor were in synch for the documents folder.

So my issue is a bit more complicated, it's help for those on a mac, playing this game on a windows 10 image of vmware fusion.

Thanks, still having probs getting player pics to take from name alone, trying not to use ID # references
Chris

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:03 pm

Chris wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:

My issue has to do with the Registry setting on the Windows 10 My Documents. I made sure I synchronized them all up so that they were always C:\Users\MYNAME\Documents as before they kept going back to a different path from a vmware setting. This then made sure the game and even your extractor were in synch for the documents folder.

So my issue is a bit more complicated, it's help for those on a mac, playing this game on a windows 10 image of vmware fusion.

Thanks, still having probs getting player pics to take from name alone, trying not to use ID # references

Thanks for sharing...as for pictures, I haven't really messed with them in any versions of this game so can't be much help there.
slybelle1
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods