'21 NFLHelmet/Uni/Graphics Mod Set - 90%

'21 NFLHelmet/Uni/Graphics Mod Set - 90%

Postby NBryant » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:14 pm

My helmet mod set has been altered to better provide for PF'21. Please note the previous set worked in '20 but parts of it (the slivers) were slightly off. In addition I have changed the configuration to present better IMO. The only thing missing is the ability in-game to upload the custom fields and working with someone to either create an installer or to show me how. If there is interest I will post the update as is on Wednesday but it will require you to make the changes manually without the field for now.
NBryant

Re: '21 Helmet Mod Set - 90%

Postby slybelle1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:45 pm

NBryant wrote:My helmet mod set has been altered to better provide for PF'21. Please note the previous set worked in '20 but parts of it (the slivers) were slightly off. In addition I have changed the configuration to present better IMO. The only thing missing is the ability in-game to upload the custom fields and working with someone to either create an installer or to show me how. If there is interest I will post the update as is on Wednesday but it will require you to make the changes without the field.

I have offered a couple of times to help with the installer so feel free to reach out but totally OK if you prefer not. I would help you pull together an installer like the ones I use for my real world mod but if you were to do yourself, then you may need to purchase some software to do it. Of course you could also just create a standard zip file and have the user ensure they unzip in the correct spot which is fine too. The advantage of the self-installer is it takes away some of that work for the person using it, especially if they are not great with computers and such. On top of the install process, I highly recommend altering the teams.xml file to have most/all the assignment of graphics happen automatically when a new league is created, versus manual work by the user.

Although the current version of the game doesn't seem to allow the custom field within the game, I am assuming the pro game works the same as the college game where you can have it auto populate by altering the teams.xml file. If that is true, then as part of the auto installer, all that can be done without the user manually having to do anything within the game.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Re: '21 NFLHelmet/Uni/Graphics Mod Set - 90%

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:36 am

If you decide to do a standard zip file, here is some basic instructions for you.

If your interested I can provide my teams.xml file to you (this board won't let me attach for some reason---so send me PM) that your welcome to use as the base. It includes the real team names and the default graphic file names. If your graphic files are named the same as in this file, when you distribute this with your graphics everything will automatically be setup for your users versus them having to manually assign things to the teams. Saves a lot of time.

To create a zip for installation:

1) Create a folder and place the teams.xml file in it.
2) Within that folder, create a "logos" folder and place all your graphics, including the sub folder for "conferences".
3) Zip up the teams.xml file along with the folder "logos" (including files and sub folders)
4) Instruct your users to unzip this file into their "\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2021" folder. This will put the teams.xml file there and the sub folder of "logos".

If done correctly, the folder would look something like:

\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2021\teams.xml
\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2021\logos (within here all your graphic files for teams)
\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2021\logos\conferences (within here all your graphic files for conferences)

5) After everything unzipped, the user must start a new league which all these graphics will then be used.

Certainly willing to create an auto-installer version for you, which for the most part the only difference is by default it helps the user know what path to extract the files to.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby NBryant » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:05 am

slybelle1 wrote:
NBryant wrote:I have offered a couple of times to help with the installer so feel free to reach out but totally OK if you prefer not. I would help you pull together an installer like the ones I use for my real world mod but if you were to do yourself, then you may need to purchase some software to do it. Of course you could also just create a standard zip file and have the user ensure they unzip in the correct spot which is fine too. The advantage of the self-installer is it takes away some of that work for the person using it, especially if they are not great with computers and such. On top of the install process, I highly recommend altering the teams.xml file to have most/all the assignment of graphics happen automatically when a new league is created, versus manual work by the user.

Although the current version of the game doesn't seem to allow the custom field within the game, I am assuming the pro game works the same as the college game where you can have it auto populate by altering the teams.xml file. If that is true, then as part of the auto installer, all that can be done without the user manually having to do anything within the game.

You have and I'm not going to bother you until there is something ready to produce. At this point I think it is close but although I went through each team last night I plan to do so again today then see if it looks and feels right. From there I was going to venture into the xml's and see how much I can mess them up! I plan on taking you up on your offer at some point, just want to get it ready, as much as possible, first.
NBryant

Postby slybelle1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:19 am

NBryant wrote:
slybelle1 wrote:
NBryant wrote:I have offered a couple of times to help with the installer so feel free to reach out but totally OK if you prefer not. I would help you pull together an installer like the ones I use for my real world mod but if you were to do yourself, then you may need to purchase some software to do it. Of course you could also just create a standard zip file and have the user ensure they unzip in the correct spot which is fine too. The advantage of the self-installer is it takes away some of that work for the person using it, especially if they are not great with computers and such. On top of the install process, I highly recommend altering the teams.xml file to have most/all the assignment of graphics happen automatically when a new league is created, versus manual work by the user.

You have and I'm not going to bother you until there is something ready to produce. At this point I think it is close but although I went through each team last night I plan to do so again today then see if it looks and feels right. From there I was going to venture into the xml's and see how much I can mess them up! I plan on taking you up on your offer at some point, just want to get it ready, as much as possible, first.

Sure, no problem. If you download my mod in the other thread, you can see my teams.xml as an example if you like. It contains the typical stuff to help assign things so maybe helps the learning.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods