Calling all modders: Let's update the historical roster

Calling all modders: Let's update the historical roster

Postby tyronethecalzone » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:56 pm

We need I believe 2 years of drafts and Rosters. Brooks offered his help, we need to update this!
Dynasties:
Kentucky the lost team in the SEC
tyronethecalzone

Re: Calling all modders: Let's update the historical roster

Postby nuggett » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:47 am

Assume the historical mod is not updated, but putting this out there anyway.

The current one is great, but only goes up to 2017 or 2018.
nuggett

Postby clamel » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:42 pm

I digged into that historical json file I found in the PF20 version.
I tried starting in 2002 when all todays teams was set (I think). I found several weird things starting with ratings. Since that file had only Overall Rating and no speicifc ratings I looked it over. A huge amount of players have +100 OR, which turned out that they popped up with something much lower in the game. I checked several but take Rams, with Kurt Warner on -80 (in the file 104) and having Marc Bulger at 100 (in the file as 110).
This "find" was after I worked over the whole file and trying to add players that missed 2002 season or was on IR or practice squad. I sensed the same problem OOTP baseball game had with historyplayes years ago. If you got a player missing the year you start in, he will never pop into the game after that year. Might not be the same in DDS, but I added these missing lines in the file.
It came to a lot of missed players checking up on all types of roster sites and such, but when I saw the strange cutting of ratings overall on all the players that had +100 I let it rest for a time.
It's a massive work indeed and if I can figure out why so many had +100 ratings I might get going again.
I do assume that if one start in 2002 and have all players that really was in or close to for all teams the game will handle drafts with players popping up later on in the correct year (or the year they first took a snap)

Thi file looks to be auto set at some points since looking over players on their years they got sometimes the same ratings the first year and then all the rest of the years. Not sure how this will play out with assuming a player develop over the years.
Some years aroiund 2010-2012 looks very weird in those lines. High rating, no college, all players born 1st Jan and so on.

This file needs a massive workover and that takes time. Then afraid to maybe misunderstood how historical run play out. Putting tons of hours into this file before I know 100% that it can work is a must.
Of course adding 2017,2018 maybe even 2019 and 2020 is even more massive work, but possible.
Not sure what this file looks like in PF21, so not like to be surprised it all changed already. Talk about a player.csv file I read that is new in PF21, but not know anything about that.

I really wished this football game was on the same level as the basketball, but it is what it is. A good game, but still a bit lacking in FOF7-8 stats, ratings and maybe also playbook style.
clamel

Postby Rebel » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:36 am

Guys,
I'm totally up for some modding. I have nothing but time on my hands. I'm currently working on a 2020 Roster COMPLETELY IMMERSIVE update/upgrade. Would love to collaborate with others doing modding. I am not the most experienced but have a good grasp (I think) and learn fast and I'm very passionate about this kind of stuff.

Rebel
Rebel

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Some players have higher than 100 OVR just to try and get them to generate higher than normal ratings for that particular year so they come into the game as HOF style players. The numbers are randomized so it's not always going to work.

The historical mod also only really tracks the team they were supposed to be on for that particular season... after that it uses in game movement for players, training for player development, etc. The reason some of the players are collapsed into one line with multiple years is because it's extremely tedious to rate an OVR for every player for every season in their career... collapsing it down into one OVR made it doable. The later years were "tacked" on, or were conversions from existing roster mods to add into the file. So going forward every year having a single OVR record is doable... the hard part at that point is matching up import id's so you don't get duplicate players.

My recommendation would be to start with the existing historical file, tweak any players that either aren't on the right team or are missing, then adjust any OVR you think are grossly misrepresented, and then focus on adding new rows for any of the more recent years that are missing keeping in mind that you have to match up id's and be careful about duplicate names or changes in naming structure (Jr. versus JR)
brooks_piggott

Postby clamel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:22 pm

Thanks for that info Brooks. I'm deep in editing that Historical-file and it do need a bit of cleaning up. I can't do a general, start at any year, but focusing on starting 2002. That was the year the teams and visions looked as it is today I think.

It has some "doubles" easy enough if the name was Michael, then Mike and not only the Jr. and Jr problems. Same goes for a specific year, 2011, were rating was skyhigh and all players born 1st January.
Tried setting it up so that players on team before 2002 pre-season started will be present. But also focusing on getting as many as Free Agents created too. Since the game starts with Free Agency the AI team will pick several fictionals and even your team got few FAs to fill needed positions.
It's a heck of work, but hopefully it will be worth it. For now I am only in FB20, since me demo on FB21 has gone out. I bank on that I will not run into any problems on that score. It would be a pity.
Adding the years missing 2018-2020 will have to be fixed after everything else. That in itself is a monster job.

Can I run into other problems Brooks
Too big file, max ID number or whatnots ?????
clamel

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods