Custom ratings not accurate in game

Custom ratings not accurate in game

Postby panthermac » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:52 pm

I've made my own JSON file with updated rosters and player ratings, but the game always randomises these when I create a league (or scales them up way too high). Is there a way to stop these things happening? It kills the immersion a bit when I've spent hours updating ratings to be more accurate and then La'Mical Perine gets a boost to 80+ while Le'Veon Bell gets nerfed to 70!

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it!
panthermac

Re: Custom ratings not accurate in game

Postby mmarra82 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:18 pm

Agree...the one thing that has bothered me thus far is the ratings. Seems very little difference from high to low players. Would love to be able to edit rosters, import them and they stay.
mmarra82

Postby aerololz » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:47 am

Isnt it possible
aerololz

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:31 pm

If you edit the roster json file directly and try to use the "default rosters" when you create a league then it goes through some adjusting since the default roster file I built for the game doesn't line up.

If you want your ratings to stick you should use "Custom rosters" when creating a league and then select your customized .json file as the source.
brooks_piggott

Postby Rebel » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:41 am

Brooks_Piggott,
If I use a custom roster, will the ratings stick? I don't want to go through a major roster overhaul to end up with a "less than satisfactory" result. I'm starting a massive "overhaul" for a 2020 roster mod, but I don't want to continue if I'm going to end up with a broken heart at the end. I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at.

Rebel
Rebel

Postby clamel » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:43 am

This is what I found out with the historical json file. Converted it to csv-file with the nice converterpgm and made some changes, then back again. All looks good and works, players pop in where they should even in FA slots. BUT on some the Overall Ratings is changed, making some starting top QBs dropped to 2nd stringers. In the historical-json file you then also got lots of +100 OR players and they for sure are adjusted down.
Something is not right here, question what ???
(I even of course tested with an untouched json file and got the same changes, but on other players. It's random I guess)
clamel

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:17 pm

Historical Roster: Use OVR ratings to extrapolate into individual ratings... only OVR is used and the file format is different
Custom Roster: Import/Export format is used and ratings are imported as-is except for draftees which could be adjusted depending on if you check the normalize checkbox
Default Roster: This would be replacing the existing roster .json file that the game uses for default ratings. This is not advised as there are custom calculations/adjustments made to the ratings when leagues are created.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods