** Need Developer Help **

** Need Developer Help **

Postby Rebel » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:26 am

I am embarking on a major mod for the game, working on the rosters. Y'all did a fine job. I just want to add some detail and info. So please let me know about the following so I can continue to work on the mod and do it properly. Thanks in advance!!

1)If a player went undrafted, is it okay to put "UNDRAFTED" in 'DraftRound' & 'DraftPick' cells, or is that going to cause a conflict?
2)If a player is a Free Agent, is it okay to have the player listed under 'Team' "0"? Will the game recognize players on Team 0 as Free Agents?
3)When adding new players that aren't already on there, how should 'PlayerID' & 'ImportID' be assigned?
4)In the file, the miscellaneous attributes for players are rated with all 0s. (i.e. potential, leadership, etc) Is this because the game randomizes these attributes for the players when a new game is started? If so, does that mean that I couldn't go and assign values to players based on their real-life attributes? Just wondering what conflict would occur.
5)In the file, it has columns for every position, QB-S, and all have the value of 0. What are these for? For players that play multiple positions?
6)I see under 'PlayerFlags' that the occassional 'RunningQB' is entered. What are these for, and are there any other values that can be used?
7)Going along with 'PlayerFlags', what are the remaining columns for and what values can be used for them? (i.e. PlayerTraits, CollegiateCareer, CollegiateSeasons, Collegiate Awards)
8)Still going, 'Redshirt' has all values of 'False'. What is that column, along with 'RedshirtSeason' for? And what value(s) can be used there?

Thanks so much for the help. Love the game and I'm excited to be putting this together for the community.

Rebel
Rebel

Re: ** Need Developer Help **

Postby Rebel » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:48 pm

Forgot a few things:
1)What is the max roster size for the .json file? I don't want a conflict by exceeding what is allowed on a roster.
2)For Free Agent Players, is leaving the 'Salary' cell empty correct? Or should it be "0.00", or "0"? What about contract year? blank? "0"?
3)If a player is a Free Agent, should their 'Number' cell be left blank?

4)How does the system handle Practice Squad players as far as salary? Also, how are players designated as Practice Squad players in the roster file? Are ALL players for the team just lumped in with the Player or CPU designating them to the Practice Squad later?
5)If a 'Number' cell is left empty, does the CPU assign the player a #? I'm asking in regard to Practice Squad players - wondering if I should leave their 'Number' cell empty or not.
6)Is there a way to designate a player to be on IR?

Thanks!
Rebel

Postby brooks_piggott » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:10 pm

You can leave draftround/draftpick blank.
Free Agent = 0
PlayerID/ImportID should be unused numbers in your list... generally you can just start at 1 and increase from there...
You can change the ratings from 0 to whatever value you want... if you leave them all as 0 the game will generate them
the position columns = positional skill
playerflag can be set to RunningQB if you want them with the RunningQB flag (makes them more likely to run in game)
Traits are additional flags you can set for players https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... rait-guide
Collegiate career, season, awards are just displays for you to see what a kid's career looked like
Redshirt doesn't apply in pro
No roster limits
for team = 0 players (free agents) you can leave salary as 0 and contract year empty/0
number = jersey.... you can set it, but the game may override it when players get signed
you can't designate practice squad... the game ai determines who makes the active roster
numbers = jersey and will get assigned eventually if empty
no way to put guys on IR via the mod

As a side note there are already mods out there that you can probably look at for guidance. (viewtopic.php?f=285&t=29541)
brooks_piggott

Postby Rebel » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Brooks: Thank you so much for the help!

Quick question: You said "the position columns = positional skill". Not sure what that means. All those columns (as far as I've seen) are set at 0. Does 0 mean he has no experience at that position? For an example, Jon Lovett is a TE with Green Bay. He was a QB in college at Princeton. If I put a 1 in the QB column for him, does that change something for him?
Rebel

Postby Rebel » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:02 pm

Brooks: Thank you so much for the help!

Quick questions:
1)You said "the position columns = positional skill". Not sure what that means. All those columns (as far as I've seen) are set at 0. Does 0 mean he has no experience at that position? For an example, Jon Lovett is a TE with Green Bay. He was a QB in college at Princeton. If I put a 1 in the QB column for him, does that change something for him?
2)In the file, the miscellaneous attributes for players are rated with all 0s. (i.e. potential, leadership, etc) Is this because the game randomizes these attributes for the players when a new game is started? If so, does that mean that I couldn't go and assign values to players based on their real-life attributes? If I enter values, is it the same 1-100 rating? Just wondering what conflict would occur.

Thanks!
Rebel

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods