Player Ratings Mod

Player Ratings Mod

Postby takethecake » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:00 pm

Hey guys,

This game looks really promising and I'd like to try it out but I'm concerned with the lack of realistic player ratings. From searching these forums it looks like a few people have tried to edit the rosters on their own, but there doesn't seem to be a go-to mod I can download for it. Any advice? The thought of manually editing the database myself sounds like my worst nightmare (especially for a game I'd be spending money on). Has anyone figured out a way to just use madden ratings?
takethecake

Re: Player Ratings Mod

Postby Invisible Witness » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:12 pm

I've been working on player ratings update for past few weeks. My goal is to get players overall rating aligned with Madden's overall rating. It's not as simple as copy and paste attributes. Those numbers need some serious tweaking in order to " fit" with PF21 and that goes for each position. Anyway I'd say I'm 85% done maybe by the end of month I will be able to release it to public.
Invisible Witness

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Invisible Witness wrote:I've been working on player ratings update for past few weeks. My goal is to get players overall rating aligned with Madden's overall rating. It's not as simple as copy and paste attributes. Those numbers need some serious tweaking in order to " fit" with PF21 and that goes for each position. Anyway I'd say I'm 85% done maybe by the end of month I will be able to release it to public.

We should talk and work together because we have a script made with one of the developers. I can take Madden's rating page anytime with my python script into csv if they update each week etc. Put it into a script helped to be written by one of the developers that knows the ratings system and a piece of code that makes the DDSPF ratings from the Madden ratings in a csv table for everyone. It's at a standstill right now because of how much work to make the last csv fields map from there to the existing JSON players file with all the other details, then finalize the last of the ratings to make sure on custom it doesn't ruin getting closer to Madden OVR once we play with the OVR calculations page in the settings area.

If you would like to discuss this please email chris@gmgames.org hopefully we can tweak and set this up long term. Otherwise this is a project GM Games is working on and hopes to put out regularly to go with the player photos.
Chris

Postby Rebel » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:28 pm

I'm halfway through a full overhaul of the rosters. It will include ratings along with all the information for the player (draft round, pick). Will include correct salaries as well. I will half a lot of free agents available in the game as well. Rosters are based on when the team broke camp and signed their practice squad players. There were some mistakes in the data that I've cleared up as well. It's the OCD in me. If there's a place for data, then I'm gonna put data in there.
I do not have anything on traits like potential, etc. Any input you guys may have would be welcome.
Rebel

Postby RyMo1987 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:38 pm

Any update regards the player ratings mod please?
RyMo1987

Postby Rebel » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:07 pm

I'm working feverishly to get my mod completed (working on it about 8 hours per day). Ran into some snags due to the learning curve involved. I've learned a lot of the ins and outs and more efficient ways of doing things. I'm blending 2 sets of rosters. Once I'm done with that (hopefully tomorrow), I need to review some of the OVR ratings to make sure they're "legit". Then I'll need to pull photos for the players. The mod will have teams with 69 players on the rosters, with the real-life salaries for those players. Correct schools, and player flags have been added, but I'm not 100% sure of the effect they will have. I'm told a slight effect. I'm hoping, HOPING, to have it completed by the end of the weekend, but the Super Bowl will interrupt some of my time, of course. Early next week at the latest.
Rebel

Postby Invisible Witness » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:44 pm

I'm going to upload my player ratings mod either tomorrow or Saturday. Stay tuned.
Invisible Witness

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods