Questions on rating in the Historical-file ?

Re: Questions on rating in the Historical-file ?

Postby Invisible Witness » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:45 pm

Rebel wrote:Where can I get my hands on a historical file? I'd like to take a look at it.

http://www.wolverinestudios.com/board/v ... 54&t=27589

Not sure where to put that file though. I added it to folder where Default Roster is but the game says it can't find Historical mod when I'm creating new league...
Invisible Witness

Postby clamel » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:23 am

You should put the file in the Document folder, not the steam, or the main folder for the game.
Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2020
in that folder you got all your play saves under theat folder named Leagues.
So put this History file on same level as Leagues (not in it then)

If you got special file for individual years downloaded here in the forum it's a good place to put them here also.

Just hold on a couple of days and you get a massive updated one from me. Need to run some more test and maybe add more players to make the AI behave as I like it to do. I will release a version for everyone to test out before I go on with the 2018-20 classes.
clamel

Postby clamel » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:59 am

OK, days have turned into weeks. Sorry about that. The file is ready for the start I mentioned in 2002 with teams having 65-70 players each.
That will handle the "problem" that the AI teams not going out and signing FAs in that first section. It's all to stop fictional players making their ways into the rosters already at start.
For all that like to start in a different year it will all be the same as the original file.
The time it has taken is because real life interfering and the wish for me to get 2018-2019 rookies into the file. It's a dog hard work for sure.

Not sure either if the interrest is even in the community or the developers.

As the file is structured today only the expected Overall Rating is possible to put in the file, so any kind of special quality a player had during his career is not possible to recreate. Even that rating can be very much altered by the AI when the game is started. Problem I figured out was that the AI judge all FA at start of the game in some sort of even creation with top FA down to just fringe players. Fictional, AI created and "real" named. The number of fictional players are created but they are only put into that pool of FA and the AI then turn out that FA list, top to bottom in rating.
So my first try to put a lot of "real" named players in the FA pool resulted sadly in that the AI wished to pump up a smaller portion of them from average/fringe players to realy good +90 guys.
That created a weird look at those fringe players turning into top quality. I managed to get around that problem a bit when I transfered as many as I could to the teams they belonged to prio to the final cuts. So many players now are in their teams as it was around month of August.
All that have taken the extra time.
Naturally this will result in that the 2002 year will have a lot of players that not even played a game in NFL, only to fill out the rosters and prevent fictional ones to get in and star in later years. The coming years in such save will of course have fewer "real" names but every year turning out some 200-300 real named players to mix unknown number of fictional players in the drafts.
That is how the original Historical file looked like earlier, so not many complained on that.
Putting scores of the same fringe, pre-season fillout for those years is just too much work.

The question often popping up is to get the 2018-20 first year players into this file, and that is my focus at the moment. I got the rating from 1-year files but the structure of those files are different needing some editing to fit into the historical file.

Long rambling and excuses for taken time, but it it what it is.
Sorry about that.
I'm sure others have been up this road, or is on it right now.

For those not making their own files, just hang in there, I have not scratched the project. A file will pop up I promise.

If folks could be happy to get it before the new 2018-20 players are in I can put such file up. Just give me a sign.
In fact that file could be used and a save could be going up to 2017, and by then I hope I got a "bigger" file. No need to restart a save.
The ones playing the game with fast simulating every season in a blast will of course reach 2017 in a couple of weeks or shorter.
Those I can't help much. It's a waiting game.

End of rambling.
clamel

Postby Rebel » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:26 pm

Doing great, brother. I promised a file a while back, too, and with all the speedbumps and errors and inefficiency, my file has been delayed, too. But I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep up the good work. And as I mentioned to Invisible Witness, when I release my file, I'm going to let people donate to me via PayPal for the work, because IT IS ball-busting work. Not demanding payment, of course, but if someone likes the work and appreciates it, they can throw the modder a couple bucks. Seems fair to me. Not looking to get rich, just covering some costs of mine that went into the work. Just a thought for you.
Rebel

Postby clamel » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:27 pm

Yes, indeed it's a monster job. Not only adding new players but checking out the "absent" years on loads of players, like 3rd string QBs that didn't played a single snap. They should in that year, or they place will be taken by another, sometimes a fictional.
Many minor errors too, doubles and such.
Well lets hope we one thing get one file ready. I'm looking over other seasons now since very early I had a fictional QB pop up in the nd round of the draft. Not to my liking.
All first year players for 2018 and 2019 should in soon enough so when folks reach that year they get them.

I'm sure you found out that the more you edit and look, the more you find to edit. I got deep files for FOF8 that I double check on, but it takes time. They are more specific in how players act outside the overall. Those draftfiles cover almost +700 players in every years draft many never drafted or went over to Arena,Europe or CFL.
clamel

Previous

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods