Quick Question regarding updating new logos

Quick Question regarding updating new logos

Postby CTBrewCrew » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:39 pm

Hello,

New to the game, and digging it more each day. I want to fully customize the USFL as it was in 1984. I created a sandbox league, and choose the "preconfigured US-18" team from the drop down list. Which looks to be the USFL in 1984. I then went and edited the teams.xml file, and I found this league and and by looking at the other leagues in the file (using the nfl one as a guide). I was able to modified one team in the USFL league as a test with the following updated XML (snip taken)

<snip>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LeagueFormat Format="USFL18">
<Conferences>
<Conference ID="1" Name="Eastern" Abbreviation="Eastern">
<Divisions>
<Division Name="Atlantic">
<Teams>
<Team ID="1" City="Philadelphia" Mascot="Stars" Abbreviation="Phi" LastYearStandings="1" EndZone="Balt-PhilaStars_ez.png" Jersey="Balt-PhilaStars_uni.png" Weather="Philadelphia" Stadium="Verterans Field" Dome="False" Logo="Balt-PhilaStars.png" LogoMidfield="LogoMidfield="Balt-PhilaStars_mf" LogoLarge="Balt-PhilaStars_l" LogoSmall="Balt-PhilaStars_s.png" Color="#CE0009" Color2="#8C714C" />

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This all looks OK, when I go to look in the following folder

C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSPF 2021\Leagues\USFL\HTML\Images\Logos

I see the default logos/names the game created

1.png
1_ez.png
1_j.png
1_l.png
1_mf.png
1_s.png

I'm assuming the 1 is for team "1". - which I am assuming is PHI

Here is what I did - I deleted the above listed files from that folder, and replaced them with the ones I made and match the names in the XML line.

When I go to re-load the game - all of the "1".png files come back and the game doesn't look at my custom logos/images.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

~Mike
CTBrewCrew

Re: Quick Question regarding updating new logos

Postby CTBrewCrew » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:51 pm

I figured it out. Xml needs to be modified AND source images need to be in the logos folder under the default install location on c: my documents \wolverinestudios\
CTBrewCrew

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods