NFL 20/21 players ratings mod by Invisible Witness

NFL 20/21 players ratings mod by Invisible Witness

Postby Invisible Witness » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:22 pm

I’m happy to announce that my NFL 20/21 player ratings mod is ready.
Here is the breakdown of work I did :
- 2463 players ratings updated
The goal here was to get OVR rating as close as possible to the one in real life or…Madden
So when you start a new league you’ll see the likes of Mahomes, Donald, Kelce, Adams, at 99 OVR and so on…No more Frank Gore at 99 OVR surprises
- 190 free agents added
Earl Thomas III just waiting for you to sign him…
-543 player traits added
Brady as a Legend, Rogers as a Clutch QB, Hurts as a Dual Threat QB…ohhh and Antonio Brown with Off field issues
-Personality rankings updated
It always bothered me that those were randomly generated so you could have Aaron Donald with 13 for Competitiveness or Tom Brady with …10 for Work Ethics
In addition since there is no way to update player’s potential I decided to bump some of the personality ratings for promising rookies so hopefully that contributes to their development. For example Chase Young with 97 rating for Work Ethics and Competitiveness.
-Player’s salary updated
Player’s salary set to what their annual salary is according to one of the websites.
-Players skill per position updated
Those random numbers also bothered me so no more seeing Mahomes with 66 rating at QB position. Check out Taysom Hill
I think that’s pretty much it. Before starting a new career you might wanna run few quick sims to see how players and teams perform with this new update. I would recommend disabling training camp gains in first season as well as disabling injuries so you’ll have a better idea of how players perform without their ratings being changed or without missing games due to an injury. As for the financial part in the game like setting up cap space and min/max deals to real life I’m not really sure how it works and from what I’ve read on this forum it’s still a work in progress so I recommend custom settings. Also when starting a new season you’ll see plenty of fake/filler players that the game generates to meet minimums per position.
I'm planning on updating/tweaking this mod time to time so you can always check here for updates.

I’m posting 3 versions of updates here:

VERSION A – everything what I described above (Last updated on Feb08)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wavvb0 ... sp=sharing

VERSION B – For this version I set player’s morale accordingly to where their teams finished this season. So for example all the players from Jets and Jaguars have their morale rating set at 25 ( I chose this # as starting point) and it goes up so at the end players from Chiefs and Tampa Bay have morale ratings set at 99. I did this just to see if teams would perform accordingly to real life but obviously so many factors go in their performance and for example when I ran sim Falcons ended up 12-4 but the Jets were still ****
(Last updated on Feb 08)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TUXojp ... sp=sharing

VERSION C – the same as VERSION A but Stafford, Goff and Haskins on their new teams.
(Last updated on Feb 08)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sHawa0 ... sp=sharing

How to install my mod after download :
On New League screen under Roster Source - select Custom user created rosters
Then select roster file button will show up. Click on it and
find my mod file on your computer. Then select start method - Assign to team (start with free agency).
Enjoy!
invisiblewitness1980@gmail.com
Last edited by Invisible Witness on Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Invisible Witness

Re: NFL 20/21 players ratings mod by Invisible Witness

Postby Ottiketa » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:56 pm

Thanks, i'll give it a try
Ottiketa

Postby Invisible Witness » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:24 pm

Just updated the link to VERSION_A ( i bumped few ratings up for Agility & Speed for running QB's)
Invisible Witness

Postby Rebel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:12 pm

Sounds amazing! Still working on mine. Yours is more extensive with the potential #s. Mine should have more free agents.
Do your player IDs match up with the player photographs? Curious because they don't seem to have the same order as the default rosters.

Would love to pick your brain on some things, perhaps in PM. Maybe we can collaborate on another project. Food for thought.
Rebel

Postby Invisible Witness » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:11 pm

Rebel wrote:Sounds amazing! Still working on mine. Yours is more extensive with the potential #s. Mine should have more free agents.
Do your player IDs match up with the player photographs? Curious because they don't seem to have the same order as the default rosters.

Would love to pick your brain on some things, perhaps in PM. Maybe we can collaborate on another project. Food for thought.

Not sure about the pictures as I haven't downloaded any graphics mods yet. Is there a way to match them with names instead of player id?
Definitely we should team up! Im tired of entering players birthdays dates and weights and heights...Prefer to focus on skills ratings.
Invisible Witness

Postby Rebel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:33 pm

If you do the pictures, you have to have them in this format: James_Johnson.png, or you can name them by the player ID #. System looks for player ID # first, then for player's name. If none, it generates a face for the player.

I'm working on a ton of free agents, getting their schools and dob, etc in. Boring crap, yes. I'm moving on to reviewing the rating for them after that. Need to pluck out retired players along the way, too. A lot of the free agents are going to have "generic" ratings. If I have a correctly assign CB at a 64 and I have an unrated one at 64, I'm just going to use the rated players ratings for that other player. I can't go through that many free agents and do them individually. Many won't see the light of day on the field, anyway.
Rebel

Postby Invisible Witness » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:27 pm

I'm gonna have to download face pack and see if it works. If not then I think I can change Players ID# back to default ones. Also I'm not fully satisfied with some of the ratings so I'll be updating my mod time to time.
Looking forward to seeing your mod.
Are you planning on releasing photos mod as well?
Invisible Witness

Postby Rebel » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:37 pm

The photos and free agents are what are killing me. All told, I will have about 5000 players in the mod. A LOT of free agents, including older guys who haven't yet retired, but might be fun to see in the game if someone chooses to use them. I'm snagging photos and bio data right now. About 1600 players to do. Ugh. Then I can move on to ratings. I think I'll be knocking all the Free agents that I'm adding in this batch by 10% across the board. Some of them seem to be rated as if they were still on a roster and playing. Can't have all the free agents higher than guys on the actual roster.
Rebel

Postby Invisible Witness » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:14 pm

Yeah, i decreased some of the ratings for free agents as well but also i noticed that their ratings drop down after training camp.
Invisible Witness

Postby IronDuke1633 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:59 am

Just a question on the Flags/Traits, are the ones that were added just for flavor or do they actually do something that is reflected in player performance?
IronDuke1633

Next

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods