NFL 20/21 players ratings mod by Invisible Witness

Re: NFL 20/21 players ratings mod by Invisible Witness

Postby Invisible Witness » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:32 am

IronDuke1633 wrote:Just a question on the Flags/Traits, are the ones that were added just for flavor or do they actually do something that is reflected in player performance?

Here is some explanation provided by developers :
https://wolverinestudios.freshdesk.com/ ... rait-guide
Invisible Witness

Postby clamel » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:14 pm

I see you got bothered with the game own setting of whatever you put as OVR for a player.
Trying to fix up the Historical-file I run into those problems big time. Brooks said he put all the BIG stars up and above 100 so they at least don't get cut down to 65-70 when the game get going.
The biggest problem is the other way around. I added a lot of FA to give the AI teams in the starting year of 2002 a shot of getting "real" players and not signing some fictional names. That resulted in some players set to just OVR 65 bumped up to over 90. It looked very much as the game liked to see a "flow" of players ranked from 90 down in the FA pool. Moving same players in to teams that released them during training camp got those under control.

Now in the History-file you don't have any control of ratings beside the OVR so anything goes here and some weird ratings in years down the line comes up. It looks to me an almost doomed labour to get a Historical file in almost real order.

Haven't DL your file yet, since only in PF20, but like to know how you see the FA you added. Do they have much higher ratings in-game than you put them in the file ? That's the lower ranked FA I'm looking at, not the high stars still in FA in your file.
clamel

Postby thecrow » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:43 pm

This sounds excellent - many thanks, IW. Looks like a lot of hard work and commitment went into that.

So I'm going to be luddite who asks the blindingly obvious, non-tecchie question: how do I convert that GoogleDocs file into something I can load into the game on my PC?
thecrow

Postby Invisible Witness » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:59 pm

Just updated link to Version_A.
-further ratings tweaks to RunningQB's
- fixed some of the player's photos not showing up(Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson etc.)
Invisible Witness

Postby Rebel » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:33 pm

I've bothered Brooks from Wolverine (he handles the Football game) with a LOT of questions. He told me the flags and traits have a "slight" effect on things. I have never played the game yet, other than testing, so I'm not sure what to expect, really. I'm just so sick of Madden, I just threw myself into this.
Rebel

Postby tyronethecalzone » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Thank you SO much this was much needed!
Dynasties:
Kentucky the lost team in the SEC
tyronethecalzone

Postby Rebel » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:29 pm

Invisible:
I wouldn't bother working on pics for players. You'd only be duplicating what I'm doing. I'm gathering photos of just about anyone who had a contract last year along with hundreds of free agents as well.
I'd like to work on the draft class coming in. Want to work on that together? I've got the top 150 players. You could start on ratings, maybe? Let me know what you think.
Rebel

Postby Rebel » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:56 pm

Clamel:
I'm working on free agents for my mod and will be assigning generic ratings to them. I have players at each position and their ratings and what those ratings equate to in the game. So, when I rate these unrated players, I'm going to take that known commodity and simply assign it the the unknown commodity. It will give me an imperfect OVR rating, but I figure close enough without trying to rate over 3000 players. Might be a solution or workaround for what you're trying to do. As long as you know what you want the players to be rated for an OVR, you can make it happen.
Rebel

Postby Invisible Witness » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:57 pm

Rebel wrote:Invisible:
I wouldn't bother working on pics for players. You'd only be duplicating what I'm doing. I'm gathering photos of just about anyone who had a contract last year along with hundreds of free agents as well.
I'd like to work on the draft class coming in. Want to work on that together? I've got the top 150 players. You could start on ratings, maybe? Let me know what you think.

I'm not working on pics for players. I was just making adjustments to my mod so that it's compatible with Photo Pack from GM Games.
As for the draft class I haven't made up my mind yet if I want to do that now.
Invisible Witness

Postby Invisible Witness » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:07 pm

thecrow wrote:This sounds excellent - many thanks, IW. Looks like a lot of hard work and commitment went into that.

So I'm going to be luddite who asks the blindingly obvious, non-tecchie question: how do I convert that GoogleDocs file into something I can load into the game on my PC?

Yeah, being laid off from work greatly contributed to this process :)
And also kept my mind sane although after entering so many numbers I'm not sure anymore hahaha
I forgot to include instruction on how to load my file:

On new league screen under roster source - select custom user created rosters
Select roster file button will show up. Click on it and
find my mod file on your computer. Then select
start method - Assign to team (start with free agency) and you're ready to build a dynasty !
Invisible Witness

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: Pro Football 2019-2024 Mods